• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Sex change!

PTV

Alpha Buck
When we got Button we was told by the pet shop that we had got a a Female.

But over the past few days Button has been humping our legs when ever we walk around in shorts.

So a few minutes ago she did it again so we picked her up and turned her over and had a look, and there was a pink think sticking out!!

So the pet shop got it wrong?!

Now we need to change the name!

my first rabbit was called button, he was a girl for about a year and then turned out to be a boy! i took him to the vet for a check up and a nail trim, and asked the vet what the big pink buts were underneath him as they looked a little sore, he told me they were testicals! :oops: oppsie!

I still keps him as button, as i thought it was a good unisex name. More convienient than the name i first planned, can you imagine how embarrased he would be if i had called him rosie!!!

On another funny sex change note (it always used to happen to me) we had a male cat called Holly (he was a girl for 3 months and we couldn't change his name then, he answered to it!), various male hamsters with names like Daisy, Portia and Matilda (i did manage to get a few right though, casper and Beethoven were male!) and one of my current cats was called Harry for a week! we have two females but i swear they looked different when i tried to sex them. mia (formerly Harry) had a convieniently placed lump of hair making it difficult and we thought she was a boy! I have decided i am an absolute failure when it comes to sexing animals and i should now leave it to the vet.

Back