• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

whats the best thing to put in a litter tray to entice....

abcdefg

Young Bun
two female unneutered bunnies to poop in it in a completely new hutch and run please?

Sawdust? Stray? Bunny litter? Bit of their old poop?

Their own poo & wee and lots of hay! Buns love to munch and poo at the same time!

I lined my litter trays with news paper then put the old newspaper in the trays.

hay and more hay

Biscuit also like a little bit of plantain sprinkled on top and the herbal garden mix from the hay experts.

We use timothy hay and also a little of the burns green oat hay.

Old poop and old wee tends to work best, as well as putting the litter tray in the spot they decide they want to urinate it. :)

Definately old poo and wee, and i agree with putting it in the same spot they chose.

I did this then after about a week i moved the tray to somewhere better suited, and the buns just learnt that the tray was the place to do it, rather than the origional spot. I put a bowl wiht some veg in it when i moved it, they LOVE their veg so this really helped them, and not one accident since!

It may take a while or it could be very quick, one of my buns will wee fine and do maybe half of his poos in the tray, but the other half he just hops along and poops, whilst one of my females did it from day one and not even one poo out of the tray when shes in the cage or house, but poos in the garden, which is fine by me!

Good luck!

Back