• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

URGENT... cant pick up Laurie..

major stare

Young Bun
Laurie (5 month old Lion Face) is currently in her run outside and we want to put her back into her twin level home/hutch.

She has bit my wife several times, grunts and will not let herself be picked up.

Whats the best way to get her picked up and without being bitten?:roll::(

Just curious is she spayed? Normally females get aggressive if they haven't been spayed. As for tips I don't really have any, my bun Joey used to bite and sometimes I just had to use the element of surprise to catch him which I doubt is what is recommended lol.

Throw a towel over her and then quickly wrap it round her so she can not kick out.

I have to do this with my bun Autumn, who has fear aggression.

No, not spayed yet. I have put a post else where on the forum. We are making the call to the vet tomorrow to get her booked in.

She really doesnt want to leave her run.:?

Think she will be banned from the run untill she is spayed.

No, not spayed yet. I have put a post else where on the forum. We are making the call to the vet tomorrow to get her booked in.

She really doesnt want to leave her run.:?

Think she will be banned from the run untill she is spayed.

Well that's good to hear :) Try putting some food in the carrier and see if she will go in, normally works with Joey but be very quick in lifting it again!

Amber is a nightmare when being picked up:roll:. Try gloves maybe and i find talking to them while attempting to pick them up as it seems to work quite well. Come from the side and not in front of them with your hands fairly low too.

We now have a little routine, after three attempts she leans down and lets me pick her up - she's just has to prove who's boss first:lol:

Back