• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Daisy Doo hamster escapologist is back!

rabswood

Wise Old Thumper
Well from Day one Daisy has been a handful. She escaped in the car on the way home (Pets & Home adoption scheme) and has taken herself free ranging in the rabbit room everyday since :shock:

I have had 3 hamsters in the past (one as a child) and not one of them was like DD. I thought once she was in her new cage that would be it (she found every means possible of getting out of the old cage) but no she actually opened the door and took her self out. She has set up home under the bed and comes out to visit me when I am in there in the evening, has a cuddle a sand bath, explores new stuff in her cage then fills up her pouches. I close her in for bed, the next morning she's disappeared back under the bed :shock:

Soooo tonight I am going to fasten all the doors with ties... lets see how she gets out now!

I'm thinking of investing in a large metal rat cage for her once I start my new job in August.

Rabswood

Last edited:
Well Daisy eventually turned up in Big's cage! I went in to give the buns a mid night snack after they had already been put to bed and had their supper and Big came to the front of the cage for her nom nom and low and behold Daisy came to the front of the cage too (but she was on Big's shelf) for some nom nom :shock:. I removed her and put her back in her own cage (with non nom of course) and this time secured all the doors! She was still in there this morning so I think for the time being at least my problem is solved.

Rabs

:lol:what a naughty hammie!

i had a hammie like that when i was a child and i used those little locks you get on kids diaries and money boxes etc, you dont need the key because they r silly padlocks you can just pull it open and shut, but no way could a hammy do it :D

Back