• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can i give her fresh pineapple?

Jem_John

Young Bun
Hi everybody :) Im pretty sure iv seen this mentioned around here but i want to make double sure, is it ok to give Charlie fresh pineapple? Thanks :)

Well, only a tiny bit over a couple of days if she is losing her hair to help the digestive track because pineapple is rich with enzymes, but it is acid therefore it should not be given on a regular basis, over a long period...people generally give the pineapple in juice form for that purpose..

Last edited:
Well, only a tiny bit over a couple of days if she is losing her hair to help the digestive track because pineapple is rich with enzymes, but it is acid therefore it should not be given on a regular basis, over a long period...people generally give the pineapple in juice form for that purpose..

That's good to know, I have a pineapple sitting ripening at home. Think it will have to be split 8 ways between us and the animals so I doubt anyone will get much of it anyway :D

Back