• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

C&C Indoors and mess

coffeegirl

New Kit
I have 3 rabbits living happily together. I have them in a large fully sheltered outdoor run. But when it's colder weather I'd like to have them indoors more. I have a C&C cage but whenever I bring them inside the room just ends up a complete mess overnight extending way outside their enclosure. I have hair flying from one end of the place to the other, mess and food everywhere. Poop manages to find it's way outside the C&C :shock:, they trash the place LOL. After one night I'm ready to send them back outdoors! Poor buns.

I'm just curious as to how other people manage the mess or if it's just normal. I've had guinea pigs inside etc and found them to make much less mess. The flooring I have is the corflute. I had it made with the sides coming up but they ate it all :roll:so as it's not easy to find here, with my next lot I left the base flat and extended it outside the cage which I guess doesn't help to keep the mess confined.

How do others have their indoor C&Cs set up to minimise and 'catch' mess or is it just a fact of life. I'm wondering if I should buy some fleece but they would just rearrange it all like they do with the towels so I cant see it being a good base.

I just clean up every day! They do make alot of mess, hay gets everywhere but you get used to it I guess. My biggest problem at the minute is them banging the bars and making a really loud noise all night!

You should see the mess of the room my 2 have. I just clean it every day. If your having rabbits inside you've got to accept you will have mess!

I have vetbed and a fleece blanket down. I just hoover, shake out and put in the washing machine once a week and clean out litter trays daily.

Back