• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Daisy is depressed... :0(

Julia123

Warren Veteran
After losing Gabriel Daisy seemed to be coping fine, but she has now started to get very anti social and depressed :cry::cry: She is very quiet and runs and snorts at me when I go near her :cry::cry:

I bought her downstairs yesterday but she seemed worse, it breaks my heart to see her so forlorne:cry::cry:

I was going to wait until I could get an outdoor set up built so she could start a new ife with a new partner outside and it wouldn't feel like I was replacing Gabriel... but I don't think I can wait she seems so sad :cry::cry:

What would you do??

Miffy was the same when i lost Claude it was so sad,so i left it 2 weeks then i got Vinnie

It'll be 2 weeks on Wed :cry: I'm thinking I could move her and a new pal dowstairs to bond while I get an outdoor set up sorted - have to think of her now :(

Awwww, I'm so sorry. :(:( I haven't been in the situation yet, but I think I would have to put Daisy's feelings first, as hard as it must be for you. You wouldn't be replacing Gabriel. xxxx

Hi,

I'm sorry. I recently lost Marley, and Bella was left alone and was unhappy- so we bonded her with a new bunny a week after Marley died. Although, we weren't ready for a new bunny and I didn't want to feel like I was replacing him, we had to do what was best for Bella.

She is so much happier now and although I miss Marley like crazy, it has been very healing to see two very happy bunnies bouncing around the flat.

Thanks, I'm going to meet a bunny on Wed and then a few more on Fri. After talking things through with a friend I am almost convinced Daisy is deaf :cry::cry: She doesn't come when I call or even to the sound of pellets like she used to and I can be right behind her clapping with no movement yet if I come up behind and she sees me in her peripheral vision she scarpers :cry: If she see's me coming head on she is ok.

I think Gabriel was her ears and she used to come running when he did :cry::cry: Hoping to get my girl a snuggle bun and some new ears soon.

Aww Julia poor Daisy :cry: I have to say if I was in your shoes, I would do what you're doing & look for a new bunny friend for Daisy. You're not replacing Gabriel, as no bunny will ever be able to take his place - but Gabriel would want Daisy to be happy again with another bun I'm sure. He'd also want you to give your love & care to another special rescue bunny. Hope you find Daisy a new friend soon xxx

Aww Julia poor Daisy :cry: I have to say if I was in your shoes, I would do what you're doing & look for a new bunny friend for Daisy. You're not replacing Gabriel, as no bunny will ever be able to take his place - but Gabriel would want Daisy to be happy again with another bun I'm sure. He'd also want you to give your love & care to another special rescue bunny. Hope you find Daisy a new friend soon xxx

Thanks Denise, its a confusing time but its starting to hurt more seeing my girl upset than losing my boy :cry: I think I am doing the right thing too - just had row with O/H though as he wanted to go away Fri night and I won't in case Daisy falls for a Bun on Fri... :?:roll:

Back