• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Scent Marking

Amy.

Alpha Buck
I was sitting with Leo and he kept rubbing his chin on my knees yesterday, and I've been wondering- do only male rabbits scent mark with their chins or do females do it too?
I've only ever had male rabbits ya see..

Well lets just say I 'belong' to My female Fudge :lol: She loves her mummy too much to share and my other female marks her scent on anything new in her cage:)

Bubbles does it lots - if I put my fingers through the mesh on the run, she chins my finger. :love::love: It scared me the first couple of times because I thought she was going to have a chomp on it. :shock::lol:

Lola chins everything and anything - even food before she scoffs it!:lol::lol:

Lucy just scoffs it!

I've never seen Mopsy do it but Peter chins things all the time. He is especially fond of chinning our feet. Once my daughter and I were lying on the rug in the garden when he hopped up and chinned her head as if to say 'Ella is mine all mine!!' She thought it was very funny and is always lying down in the garden now in the hopes he will do it again.

Stew (female) never does it..Dumpling chins anything and everything!!!
He also loves to spray my living room walls as high as he can....he's 2/3d's up so far (god bless the plum fairy who will be visiting in 5 weeks!):lol:

Back