• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Rabbit Breed Health Survey U/D new idea with donations!

VikkiVet

Mama Doe
This will also be posted in Rabbit Chat

Hi,
I am doing a research article for my college coursework (i am a vet student at the Royal Veterinary College) on breed traits in rabbits and the effects on their health and welfare. I would really appreciate it if as many RU members could complete it as possible.

There are sepate questions for your own rabbits and any foster/rescue rabbits. Please fill in the questions as best you can for as many rabbits as you can, both past and present - but dont get stressed if you cant remember all the details!

The questions are in 2 parts, 10 questions in each, and shouldnt take more than 20 minutes to complete.

the links are http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=J_2f0VVkxBP3HxoNJkwR1Ouw_3d_3d and http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=KoW6r0j4OnE5tmTxjpGhPQ_3d_3d

There is no category for giant breeds, and i cant add any without removing the previous responses, so if you have any giant breed rabbits, please add them in the "other" boxes as appropriate.

Please PM me if you have any questions or problems, and thanks very much for your time!

Vikki

Last edited:
Me too, but I think I probably got a c- :lol:

Thanks lovely ladies, it was a great help to have you do the "test run". Definately an A+ all round!

I will of course publish my final article on RU for you all to read (and tell me i wrote all wrong and should get an F :oops::lol:)

hey guys
thanks to everyone who has filled in the survey - i've got 37 replies for part 1 and 29 for part 2
please make sure you do both parts if possible, even if you only have answers for one or two questions! and let me know if you get stuck or something doesnt work!
Cheers
Vikki

bump - we're up to 51 people, which is awesome, but still need more! there are some questions in part 2 on your opinions of breed traits, so even if you dont want to fill in about your own rabbits, please can you answer those ones! thanks loads , you're all ace :D

100_8907.jpg

Indi and Phoenix: please fill in mummy's survey - she keeps going on about it....

hey all
quick update - i am up to 68 people for part 1 and 59 for part 2, so awesome effort guys, thanks :D:wave:

To inspire any more of you to fill in the survey, i am going to donate 10p to Starlights for every person that fills it in, including those who have already done it. i know that doesnt sound like a lot, but i am an impoverished student and i am hoping now hundreds will fill it in :lol:

It really isnt too complicated (unless you own/foster a who menagerie :oops:) and really will be helpful for my research, and hopefully rabbit welfare in general, one day in the future!

Also, i hope to get that research on stress levels in bonded vs single rabbits soon - watch this space! :D

Back