• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Small blood spots on belly

nikki.j.

New Kit
Hi I recenlty found and rehomed a rabbit, I received a phone call from her new owner to ask what it is yet. Any ideas??

Impossible to say without seeing it !!

Could be a contact dermatitis
A flea bite allergy

Is this Doe spayed and if so when?

Not sure

Yes I believe it's a doe don't know if she is spayed. Have just spoke to new owner for more detail. She said they are like small blood like blisters, there are also a couple on the back. The rabbit was found in wood land with a larger male rabbit

Yes I believe it's a doe don't know if she is spayed. Have just spoke to new owner for more detail. She said they are like small blood like blisters, there are also a couple on the back. The rabbit was found in wood land with a larger male rabbit

Well if she is a Doe and was with a male she is more than likely pregnant.
I would advise the new owner to seek Veterinary advice tomorrow.

is there a link

Thanks. Do pregnant doe's sometimes get blood type blisters. She is going to vets tomorrow! What other things can be checked to find signs of pregnancy?

Thanks. Do pregnant doe's sometimes get blood type blisters. She is going to vets tomorrow! What other things can be checked to find signs of pregnancy?

No, but there is obviously a problem and whilst we can make suggestions as to what that is we can only guess.
How long have you and the new owner had her?
Gestation period for a Rabbit is 30-32 days.

A Vet should be able to palpate the uterus to feel for foetuses.
If the Vet has ultrasound equipment then he/she could do an abdominal u/s

OK

Well we found the rabbits on 25th march. We think they had only just been dumped as when we arrived in the car, someone was driving off in a hurry. I forgot to mention they think the rabbit has been puling out some fur.

Well we found the rabbits on 25th march. We think they had only just been dumped as when we arrived in the car, someone was driving off in a hurry. I forgot to mention they think the rabbit has been puling out some fur.

Sounds like she's nesting which means she may well kindle (give birth) within the next 24-48 hours.
Is she seperated from the Buck?

yes

Yes the buck has been rehomed else where. Well I will pass on this info thanks alot for your help. I will keep you posted. Anything else you think of please let me know.:D

Back