• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ideas Needed Read Now

ninayoung

Young Bun
hello my rabbits have had the same toys for 2 years so do you have any toys you would recommend to me:D

Mine only really play with a set of plastic keys, their treat ball and empty toilet rolls filled with hay :D

Tink likes to play with an egg box stuffed with coneflower or Herbs, she spends ages tossing it around until it eventually falls open and she can get the goodies inside :D

Definitely toilet rolls stuffed with hay are a big win in our house :D Also any sort of baby toys - rattles, plastic keys, etc. I quite often visit jumble sales, charity shops or car boot sales looking for them :oops: One thing I got from their was a big plastic cube that babies can put plastic shapes into the cut out parts - I stuff it with hay & they love it :D

Also any old willow baskets - I hang them off the side of the pens & they love to have a good chew on them :D

Willow toys
Yellow Pages
Anything noisy
Carboard box (as long as they don't eat it)
Anything that the feel they aren't supposed to chew!

Supporting vote here for toilet rolls stuffed with hay ;)

Jingly balls and willow(etc) balls that they can pick up and toss around. In fact, anything they can toss around is good, but obviously nothing too clunky in case one of them accidently hits the other with it while tossing it (it's one of the reasons I shy away from buying one of those plastic 'dumbell' toys :lol: )

Tunnels are great fun for rabbits, and you can make very quick ones simply by propping up a piece of cardboard against a wall or sofa :D Being cardboard and very light, it won't hurt them if one of them pushes it over from either side onto the other bunny.

The best toy Luna ever had was the inside roll of christmas wrapping paper. It wasn't a solid cardboard tube, it was a thinner but wider piece of cardboard that had been curled up in the centre of the roll and as such it unravelled slightly when we'd finished the roll. She absolutely loved it to pieces and it was a great outlet for her to try and dig at too :love:

I've tried toilet rolls, with and without hay but Amber has never bothered with them, she's much more interested in chewing her cage:evil:. She loves her plastic jingly ball and her willow tunnel though.

I change her toys aroud every so often so she doesn't get bored.

Flower pots?

Back