• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

hot water bottles?

blondiva77

New Kit
Hi everybody, I have just transferred tinkerbell back outside, i've had her indoors for the winter months and was worried she might find it still a little cold as she's adapting to outdoor life again. A friend of mine uses hot water bottles in her rabbits den and wondered if it was a safe idea? Is there something in particular that I could wrap it in so its not too hot as I'm worried tinkerbell might chew through it, or do u think its a bad idea all together? Anyone know of a safe solution? thanks in advance Nicki

Sounds like you need a Snugglesafe! If you don't have time to wait for one to arrive from the internet you can get them from Pets @ Home and some other petshops :D

They come with a material cover these days as well (they didn't come with one when I first bought mine years ago) so you don't have to worry about figuring out what to wrap it in.

I woudl be too worried about chewing off and ingesting the rubber to use a hot water bottle :shock:

Yes! DON'T get a hot water bottle - get a snugglesafe. It's basically a hard plastic rabbit hot water bottle that they CAN'T chew through and it's round like a whoopie cushion. :lol: Comes in a cover and you simply heat it in the microwave for a few minutes - voila - stays hot for several hours.

ahh thanks guys! what a great idea! I just kept her indoors last night cos it was chilly outside and was too worried about the hot water bottle, I'm off to the pet shop today to buy one, thanks again for the advice, nicki

Back