• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

any suggestions for my little moo?

mimi75

Alpha Buck
hi,for some time now my little holland lop,moo,has had terrible problems with tiddling EVERYWHERE.she does it in the litter tray,out the litter tray anywhere she can find to squat in their bedroom(funnily enough they have free run of our bedroom too but she seems to be good in there)she did test positive for e.c a few years ago but(touch wood)has no obvious symptoms and i keep on top with regular 6 wk panacuring.i did wonder if it could be incontinence due to the e.c,but frances didn't think it was likely as she is always clean+dry around her bottom area.she suggested checking for bladder stones,exray came up completely clear.they treated her for cystitis,as she was doing lots of frequent smaller wees,and also when she felt her tummy she said her bladder felt slightly thickened.but,we ended her 10 day course of baytril last week +in the last couple of days it has been really bad,then on another day she can go all day being good+doing it in one of their trays.could this really be just down to naughty behaviour???i think im going to take her back in so they can see what to do next.any advice/experiences would be muchly appreciated.:wave:

well been back to the vets today as she was a little off colour last night,so i gave her some metacam which seemed to do the trick.ruth had a thorough feel about and said her bladder felt ok altho,given her symptoms,she still suspects cystitis.she has lost some weight(her weight has always fluctuated-just like her mums!!!).she checked her teeth etc.we have come home with a different antibiotic to try(septrin)to see if she responds any better with that.if there is still not much improvement then we will have to do bloods and more exrays.she was a little reluctant to do that today as her last exray was clear and other than a little drop in weght,moo 'appears' healthy.anyone else been through similar with their buns???fingers crossed for my moo.

You have the best vet in the country so no worrying!
Angel is our cheeky gal, for no reason she decide to piddle on sofa during night. She stopped for months then all of a sudden couple weeks ago piddle on floor. We have no idea why she does it either.
Hope buns ok sending love. Is it just little bits now and then or certain time of day?
We know Angel goes potty 730ish on night (honest she can go when she wants but she saves it up) so if it gets later and she aint went we kinda chuck her in to remind her.

You have the best vet in the country so no worrying!
Angel is our cheeky gal, for no reason she decide to piddle on sofa during night. She stopped for months then all of a sudden couple weeks ago piddle on floor. We have no idea why she does it either.
Hope buns ok sending love. Is it just little bits now and then or certain time of day?
We know Angel goes potty 730ish on night (honest she can go when she wants but she saves it up) so if it gets later and she aint went we kinda chuck her in to remind her.

hiya.it's actually constant with her.she uses the tray one minut then does 5 or so on the carpet!i can cope with the constant disenfecting but i worry whats going on with her to do it.i just hope it's nothing too serious.x

Back