• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

agressive/naughty bun

sam and nala

Alpha Buck
i have owned nala for 2 weeks now and got her off my friend who wanted rid of her cos she has 7 other rabbits and also cos she was agressive, as soon as i got her she became nicer however i think it was just the "honneymoon" period cos she just growls and bangs her foot all the time she is agressive and lunges at you teeth bearing and is just generally :evil: lol

i have booked her into be nutered but as i stated on a previouse thread she is not eating 100% as well as she used too but this could be due to her being in a warmer environmnet where she needs less food to keep warm etc. or due to the fact i feed too much veg.

is there a big chance that she will become nice after the op or is it too far gone as i no she is atleast 2yrs or over....has she got away with being agressive for too long?

she is a BG so she is a big rabbit to be lunging at you haha

is there anything i can do to make her nice has anyone managed to tame an agressive rabbit properly

i try to play with her she just goes for you.

i have tried hand feeding her she squeels and grabbs the food off you haha

i have played with the idea of a fella for her but she used to be ok with my friends rabbit whom comes everywhere with me and nala and the other day she attacked her out of the blue which she has never done before so i dont want to saddle myself down with another rabbit when i already have a BG and two horses for her to not like it and me not have time for them both

i dont no what to do??????

Last edited:
A lot of buns are like this pre-spay/neuter. I have only got the one who hasn't calmed down since neuter - & he is way worse than your bun:lol:

If she doens't live full time with another bun, & one invades her territory she will attack them - she is protecting her home. Spaying will make her easier to bond & then introduce buns on neutral territory.

If you get next bun from a Rescue, they will bond for you & you won't be saddled with another if it doesn't work out

My female dwarf lop was very aggressive. She was spayed at about 3-4 years old, which is really rubbish of me to leave it that long. She used to growl and launch at me and bite. She was loads better once spayed. It can take 3 months for the hormones to settle down, but the likelihood is yes

:)

We had a doe from the PAH Adoption centre. I only adopted her because of her aggression, as the staff said they couldn't put their hand in to feed her without her attacking etc.

After the sales asst struggled to get her out of the cage, the bun was growling and lunging - launching herself at the womans gloved hands!

My thought was that no-one else is going to adopt her, least of all a family with children!

So she came home with us, and spent the first week in the house getting used to us, and settling down. She would let me pick her up, and stroke her but she would nip and lunge and bat you with her front paws. My instinct was she was not going to succeed in getting rid of me - as this was why she was doing it.. she doesn't like people/is scared and so is defending herself!

She then went out into her 2-storey hutch that weekend.. and a week after - OMG 4 babies!!! She was still a mean little minx... but not so much around her babies - and even let us handle them from 3 weeks old!

She is now neutered - and a delightful lady bun - apart from being a little bully to the others in her group.. charging around bashing them out of her way when there is a meal in sight! That is why she was called Madam!

I think you need to not show fear, as they learn to behave badly if it gets rid of human hands or attentions! After neutering she should calm down a lot.

It can be a territory issue even if she is neutered she could feel threatened if you put your hand in her cage etc. or touch her food bowl etc.

well she was spayed yesterday an it turns out she was pregnant hopfully this is why she was agressive and maybe she will calm down after she has recovered :)

Back