• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New Rehome Gerbies

Minimallow

Wise Old Thumper
We got these two lovely girls in today. They are both very pretty as im sure you can see!

Anya
DSC00832Small.jpg

DSC00830Small.jpg

DSC00825Small.jpg

Bindi
DSC00827Small.jpg

DSC00829Small.jpg

DSC00834Small.jpg

:love::love::love::love: I loves gerbils, I does. :love: Well, apart from my Murphy because he chomped on my finger this morning. :lol:

Has Anya got a little baldy patch on her nose?

Oh wow! They are adorable. :love: I have never had any gerbils - we have a mouse and he is great fun.

What accommodation do gerbils need? Are they smelly?

Sorry - no offence to gerbils - just wondering really! :lol::lol::lol:

Are they smelly?

Sorry - no offence to gerbils - just wondering really! :lol::lol::lol:

:lol::lol::lol: Our two don't smell at all and I'd be the first one to notice it if they did pong. :lol::lol:

They love to dig and burrow, so a glass tank with mesh lid is the best - the deeper/bigger the better. ;) Ours have made some brilliant tunnels. :love:

:lol::lol::lol: Our two don't smell at all and I'd be the first one to notice it if they did pong. :lol::lol:

They love to dig and burrow, so a glass tank with mesh lid is the best - the deeper/bigger the better. ;) Ours have made some brilliant tunnels. :love:

I bet they are fascinating little creatures to watch, especially in pairs.

We have a male mouse and were told that he had fought with other boys so he has to live on his own :( It is such a shame I would love to see him interact with other mice

:love::love::love::love: I loves gerbils, I does. :love: Well, apart from my Murphy because he chomped on my finger this morning. :lol:

Has Anya got a little baldy patch on her nose?

She does have a wee baldy patch yes! Well observed :lol: Im assuming its due to her being in a small tank with a wire topper. A lot of gerbils will bar chew and can develop into quite a severe stereotypical behaviour. I am moving them into a proper tank tonight so they can get tunnel building!

I bet they are fascinating little creatures to watch, especially in pairs.

We have a male mouse and were told that he had fought with other boys so he has to live on his own :( It is such a shame I would love to see him interact with other mice

They are great to watch. Gerbils hardly have any smell at all. Due to them being desert animals they dont lose much water by urination so pee very little. Their poos are dry too so reduce smell a lot! :) Really helps when you have quite a few! :lol:

Back