• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

House rabbit and laminate floors

Saucepot

Alpha Buck
My house rabbit Sophie has settled well so far but all my floors are laminate (lino in kitchen and bathroom) and she wont venture far on it at all. My friends house rabbit is fine on it and goes all over the house but Sophie will only go on the mats I have put down for her! Do I need to buy a dozen mats or will she get used to laminate???

I'd but the mats: she may never get used to it: one of my won't go near it, but another loves it :)

Both my bunnies hate it......they will put 2 paws on the laminate then quickly move back off it!! They prefer to roam downstairs on the carpet (my place is upside down!!)

My bunnies live in a laminate floored room with a mat. They were a bit scared of it at first but now they're fine, binkying and everything :)

I had a bunny, Chrissy who would not come out of her cage unless I put a mat in front of her cage for her to step on. Once she was out she was fine on the floors but to get out she would always test with one foot to make sure the mat was there. Now Julie could careless about the floors. She seems to love to binky and sliding into the cabinets. She digs and scratches the rugs.

Our house is laminate throughout-even the stairs so B tends to stay downstairs.Shes fine on the laminate but we do have alot of rugs too.

My chip is getting over his fear and has been tormenting my house, which is all tile.

Sounds like loads of fun with all those tales :p

Ok, a big mat it is then....off to look at ebay, thanks guys!!

My Graham took about a month to get used to the wooden floors but then he was fine. Strawberry loves to run really fast, binky in mid air then skid along the kitchen floor! He is a nutter!

My rabbit refused to go on the laminate floor until my new rabbit was introduced. Now he will cross the linoleum to get to her, or to binky and impress her with a good running start. I'm sure I could even convince him to cross with with some delicious veggies. :)

But now that he's used to it, he doesn't seem to be bothered.

Back