• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Available Individual: 2 lovely sisters looking for home

SOAD

Wise Old Thumper
Posted on behalf of jane28

Hi guys. I am just putting this out there as i am still unsure of what to do:(

I having a severe cash flow crisis at the moment and am really worryomg about affording the care of my pets should something happen. I cant save at the moment and have nothing extra for injections or vets bills should they arise.

My two buns Smokey and Bandit who were fosters but kind of stayed MAY be up for rehoming...:(

They have been spayed ( they would need vaccinating in a month) and are both girlies. I think they are about 2-3 years old.
They dont struggle when picked up and enjoy a cuddle but will let you know when they have had enough...
Smokey is a grey dwarf lop and her sister is Bandit who is a jet black dwarf lop.
They get on with anyone and anything. cats, dogs etc dont faze them... They are very outgoing and will come and watch you if you are in the garden (usually waiting for food:roll:)... they are anyones for a bit of brocolli or dandelion.
They enjoy their space and they would come with a wendyhouse but would need a large run to hop around in and even supervised free running if possible.

They love creating a mess and i cant say enough about their personalities.

I am really putting them out there at the moment to see if anyone will offer them a forever home that suits the queens they are...
I am in the Midlands.

I can afford their up keep, just, but i am having to find homes for another lot of more recent private fosters due to emergency vet bills wiping me out...

Thank you for reading

Jane

Last edited:
PIccies

P170608_193102.jpg

P180608_1521.jpg

Bandit wont sit still for a picture. Everytime i put a camera near them all i get is noses on the lense :)

These guys are definitely looking for a new home now... Im really sad about this but i cant afford them anymore which sounds terrible but i would rather they have a home where they can be taken care of than not being able to get their basic care...
its an urgent situation so any help would be appreciated. they are lovely bunnies...:love:

Im in stafford. I am currently looking into rabbit insurance at the moment for the vets bills and if that works out ok then they will stay with me.

I had completely forgot about rabbit insurance!

I must amend that original post and just say they havent just kind of stayed! they were private fosters but they have been my bunnies really the moment they came :lol: i couldnt resist them...

I will update on monday when i have phoned the insurance company and i will pm you Debbie then as well... :)

Yep that's fine Jane, as I said take as long as you need to mull over my offer, I appreciate that it is not an easy choice to make. ;)

These two are still looking for a home.

I have to say the main reason for this is that they are both deaf. I didnt think it would be a problem in a home so only advised on a pm however it does affect the type of home they need ( i.e free running unless 100% supervised all the time wouldnt be advisable)
It doesnt affect them healthwise in any way but they cannot hear you coming and therefore cannot hear any would be predators or playful animals coming up behind them or above them. They need to see you before they know you are there.
Once they know you are around they are fine :)
The wendyhouse may not be coming with them ( there is a reason but i wont put it on the forum as long winded!) so anyone who offers a home may need to take into account they will need a shed to live in and very large run attached to it...

They like 24/7 access to outdoors even when its snowing :roll:

Just to back up what Jane has said. I was prepared to have these two girls deaf or not, but the only issue was that my cats love to play with my exisiting bunnies and would expect to do the same with the girls. The cats and my buns play "Chase me" with rabbits and cats taking it in turns to chase each other around the garden.

Because of the girls deafness I did not feel that it would be fair on them for a cat to come up behind them and expect to play as it would frighten the girls. I would have wanted this lovely pair to be allowed to have free access to the garden and this would have been impossible in my household with the soft things that pass as cats in this house!

As Jane says they would be better suited to a home where they could roam in safety or have an indifferent cat that would not expect the girls to play.

I hope that they find a good home soon.

Hi just to say after a few months of trying to find a way of keeping my two whilst im away for up to a year I have had to come to the decision instead of keeping them in the family where i wouldnt be happy with their living conditions (one uncle has regular fox visits and the other lives in a high mixamatosis area and whilst mine are vaccinated his still get it), it will probably be best for them to go to a permanent good home.

SO they are available... I am going through an extremely tough time at the moment and am no longer living at my home. They are still there but i am only seeing them once a day for 15min-1/2hr at a time and whilst they are fine, fed, watered, lots of hay and things to do i am feeling EXTREMELY guilty about them being on their own for so long... If i could find somewhere to foster them for a year then i would keep them but i cant afford boarding for that length of time so the options are limited.

To recap about them. THey are both sisters. Spayed and vaccinated. THey are in perfect health.
They are the friendliest bunnies. As soon as you go out they want to know what you are doing, if you have any food. They are fine with being picked up and held however, like most, if you dont have a firm grip they will struggle, however if you have them cradled on their backs then they are under your spell...
They are very active bunnies and always looking for something to do, a nook or cranny to fit through (Bandit likes to go under kitchen cupboards :roll:).
THey would suit as either house bunnies or outside bunnies as they are tidy unless they get bored or dont get fed on time and then they start flinging their poo pile everywhere :shock:. :lol:...

THey do need alot of space... If in the house then free range is necessary(when you are there) for these two they LOVE exploring.
These are not 2 buns you could put in a hutch with a run attached and leave them to it.
They are in a wendy house with run at the moment which they have access to inside and out 24hours a day. THe wendy house is 5ft by 5ft and the run is 6ft by 4ft so they would need at least the same if outside with a good 1-2 hours free running if and when you can. They love tunnels,upturned cardboard box houses, and things they can jump on...
Bandit is the more inquisitive of the two and Smokey, although she likes to think shes boss is slightly more nervy.

Oh and they are both deaf or almost deaf. This hasnt caused them any problems and their ears have been checked and are fine.
I think Smokey has a tiny bit more hearing than Bandit... ( I have tried calling them when they cant see me or banging something loud but it doesnt get a reaction. Great for bonfire night as you dont have to worry about them but you do have to watch out for predators if and when they are free range outside.)
If they cant see you and you appear they can scare but they get over it within about 5 seconds once they see you have something interesting...:roll:
Due to this i dont think they would suit a house with young children running about.

Its a bit of a long write up for them but these two are very special to me and i want to make sure their next owner is well aware of what they will be taking on.
THese two are two in a million and anybody would be lucky to have them...:love:

:love:They're beautiful - I hope someone is able to help you. Sorry to hear of your difficult circumstances.
xxx

They are so beautiful :love: but we only have a 2 bed house and theres no room for anymore buns :( I wouldn't keep buns outside, i like them in the house :D

:wave::( Sorry you find yourself in this situation I would love to help you and foster them but, don't have room in this house. Looking at getting a much bigger garden with an outbuilding so I can maybe foster later on - I am sure someone will snap them up though they are lovely. It must be sooo hard for you so I do hope you find them someone/somewhere nice where they can have a lovely life and they can keep you posted on how they are doing. Best of luck. x

Back