• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Poos smaller than normal

Banni Binky

Warren Scout
For the last few days Tila's poos have been a bit smaller in size than normal. He is still eating, drinking and even pooping as much, but just smaller. I gave his tummy a good feel and it feels all normal - not hard or bloated with gas or anything, nice and soft. Should I be worried?

it is deffo something to keep an eye on... are they still moist and break apart ok?

Alvin sometimes gets stasis and his poops get smaller and dried out like little stones a day or two before.

if i spot it i usually just give just hay until they are back to normal, no treats no pellets much to his disgust :oops:

Small poos often indicate a Dental problem.
Tila would benefit from a Dental check by the Vet.

I seem to remember you posted recently about Tila having a mucky bum ?
That is another indicator of Dental problems.

Small poos mean reduced GI motility. Unless the cause is identified and delt with reduced GI gut motility can lead on to GI stasis which, as you probably know, can be very serious.

Good luck with the Vet check :)

His poos still look normal - just smaller.

He has no incisor teeth, but I may have to get his molars checked.

His bum wasn't 'mucky' as such, it just had a few pieces of poo dried to it and he wouldn' let be brush them off :lol:

He was at the vets yesterday for his trouser clip and the vet gave him a quick look over, she said he seemed to be doing well.

Could it be the baytril? He had a two-week break and has started back on it last weekend.

did the vet actually examine his teeth as sometimes a dental molar prob isnt spotted until bunny is GAd.

i would be evry watchful over those tiny poos...as jane said it is usually a gi motility prob.

one of mine gets it a lot.

Back