• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

good news and a hard decision

Ronnie

Young Bun
Well I had Becks to the Vets over Thursday and Friday. she has a spinal injury and also internal injuries that will just take time to heal. her bum was badly injured and another vet commented he saw this once before on a bun that was dragged across concrete so its just a matter of keeping it clean and hoping it heals. her leg has a chipped bone but will heal ok and bloods are perfect. they did not want to give her any shots as they were unclear as to wether she had been innoculated before and did not want to kill her with an over dose after all she had been through. so I got her home last night and shes is much happier. I have also intorduced Fluffball my lionhead and they have clicked straight away so thats good.

now for a not so good bit. I have Ben who is a female rescued from a breader who is a bit of a human hater and also is now becoming aggressive towards other rabbits so I am scared to have them together.So I have had to make the sad decision to say good buy and give her to a friend who is a big rabbit fan and has several large runs at his house where she can be happy and hopefully joined with some other rabbits he has. John is good with aggressive rabbits and as I have a young family who are becoming scared of her and 2 sickly/delicate rabbits that are unable to defend themselves, I feel this is the best decision. but hopefully if John can work his wonders and the 2 others are fit and strong again then she can come back.

Last edited:
Sounds like you did the right thing with Ben but it must have been hard.
How did poor Becks get injured?

Sounds like you did the right thing with Ben but it must have been hard.
How did poor Becks get injured?

I found Becks last week on a building site after chasing some kids away they had been using her as a football hence the name! I got her comfortable for a few days until a vet agreed to look at her. now shes home she can get better. All I am wondering now should I keep quiet about it or try and find her owner as its obvious she is a pet. what worries me did one of the kids own her or did they take her from someone who is now worried about what has happened?

Have you checked the local vets, papers and possibley the RSPCA to see if they have had any rabbits that have gone missing. I had the same problem with a kitten i found in November. He was so tiny and dirty and was on the verge of cat flu and very filthy. I took him to the vets the next day to be checked over and found out he was only about 5 wks(he is the boss now). I told the local shop, asked local dog walkers as well as the school. People tend to come to me if they lose or find animal so everybody knew where he was. I think you are realy kind for taking on Becks(daughters name) she now has a chance of a future which she wouldnt have had if you havent recued her and saved her life.

You've done the best for both bunnies - great to hear about two special needs bunnies getting the care they need. :wave:

Those pictures of Becks have been playing on my mind, so glad to here she is doing better :)

Hope she makes a full recovery soon! Would love to see some pictures when she is all healed

So glad to hear that Beck's is doing well Ronnie.

I think you've done the best thing for both buns - you've put their needs before your emotions of wanting to keep them both, that's what a loving owner does :).

You're a special person Ronnie, Becks is a very lucky bun.

xx

Last edited:
Becks is a very lucky bun, I can only imagine how I'd have coped if I saw some evil monsters do that.

Well done and good luck to you both!

Emma

Im glad Backs is getting on better, she looked a poor we soul in her pics from before.
Well done for saving her!

Hope she pulls through ok. I saw the pics of her and it's so horrible what those kids did to her :(

Don't their parents teach them that all animals feel pain? Cruel ********. I think you did the right thing giving up your other bun too. Hoppefully you can have her back though :)

im glad you found becks- why are people so nasty? it makes me so angry, it really isnt fair- well i hope becks recovers and john your friend copes with your other rabbit x

just an up date.. I had Becks out of the hutch this afternoon for her first bit of exercise as she is in a 5ftx1ft hutch and wiil stay there until her legs are better asI dont want her hopping about too much so its only daily exercise for now. she is starting to use the hind leg a bit more but her hind quarters are slumped slightly to the right which makes her hip in that direction. but shes getting stronger and thats the main thing her bottom problems seem to be getting better too thankfully now just to get her used to humans as he will cower when i come close and she flees into her bed when u approach the hutch but once u pick her up she's ok.

Re your question about whether to try and find her original owners and worry in case they were one of the kid, I was faced with a similar problem with an abandoned bun and decided that if the bun had been a loved and wanted pet the pvs owners would put up adverts everywhere , ring round local rescue centres etc and I would see them or hear about it (as I have contacts in the rescues). As they didn't put up posters or ring round I decided that either the bun was purposely abandoned or just not wanted any way - so why should I go to the effort of advertising it as 'found'.

You make your own decision - but that was mine.

Back