• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit Wire

bolton babe

Warren Scout
I'm in the process of rabbit proofing my shed, I've laid vinyl tiles and now I'm tackling the problem of chewing the beams round the edges. She hasn't started doing it yet but I want to sort it befor she decides to :lol:

I found this:

http://www.meshdirect.co.uk/Rabbit-Netting-c-81.html

I was going to attach it to the beams of the shed like this pic I found

100_0360.jpg

Will it be okay????:?

I think that is perfect. What size is your shed? I am in the stages of moving my buns from a hutch to a shed and I am thinking of buying an 8 x 6 foot shed.

In that picture they are just using newspapers as bedding? Is that ok if the rabbits are indoors? Thanks

Lucky bunnies. Just a thought, you might want to put some sort of plywood cladding over the wire areas so hay, fur etc can't get stuck behind it. I didn't on my bunny house and I regretted it: it's almost impossible to get stuff out once it's trapped behind the wire. Otherwise you will probably need to vacuum it very frequently to stop dirt building up.:)

Lucky bunnies. Just a thought, you might want to put some sort of plywood cladding over the wire areas so hay, fur etc can't get stuck behind it. I didn't on my bunny house and I regretted it: it's almost impossible to get stuff out once it's trapped behind the wire. Otherwise you will probably need to vacuum it very frequently to stop dirt building up.:)

ooooo good thinking, didn't even cross my mind, maybe the metal strips on the beams is a better idea then???

Hi. I've never seen or tried metal strips so i'm afraid I don't know anything about them. You'd obviously have to make sure there are no sharp edges. Personally I like the wood cladding idea because it give extra insulation and protection, with some sheds gaps appear in the wood over time. You could even stuff roof insulation material in the gap to give extra warmth. Plywood is not too expensive in B&Q and they will cut it to size for you. Either way, please let us know what you decide and how you get on, it's great to see other people's Bunny Palaces because it gives us inspiration for our own:)

Back