• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Another bun? Should I or shouldn't I?

aussiebun

Alpha Buck
Hi all :wave:

as you probably know by now, I successfully bonded my 2 boys and they are happy as can be together.

The RSPCA here (where I got both boys from) has a little girl bun who needs a home. They say she's very sweet. She is desexed as are my boys.

Would I be pushing it to introduce another bun? Would the boys fight over her? Is it just a bad idea all around or could it work?

I want to help this bun but I don't want to put my boys at any risk of trouble.

I can afford to care for another bun, that's not the issue. Space is a bit of an issue if I had to separate them, if they all lived together that's not a problem.

Opinions??

xx

Last edited:
I haven't the experience of bonding two boys but we originally had two sisters who got on brilliantly. After 6 months we then got a young male and the girls behaviour did change. We had them all neutured and they did get on ok but the girls were never as close as they previously had been. I suspect introducing a 3rd bun into your home will rock the boat but as to how much may be down to the personalities of the buns themselves.
We've recently bonded another 2 girls and then added another young buck with no real problems. The girls scuffled for maybe a minute before dominance was established and bar the occasional nip at feeding times they get on really well. Does are said to be worse than bucks so you may be ok. It may be you'll just have to let them mix (supervised) and see what happens. Good luck. Let us know how you get on

We've got a very happy trio of Amber, Ollie & Oscar - the boys are closer than they are with Amber - although they do love sitting in a circle grooming each other :love::love::love::love: I'd say give it a go & see what happens :D Don't forget the pics if you do :)

its not impossable just dont expect as smooth as before:lol: its could go either way, id say if you can afford it and have the time give it a go, :D

theres loads of people here who have done trios and quads so you will get support along the way

Hi all,

Given the events of the last day or so this idea has been put on hold.

We're still quite stressed from the fire and I think adding another bun would need more supervision - I'd need to be around for a few days, not just a weekend to keep an eye on things.

The boys have settled after the stress of yesterday so I think it's best to leave things as they are for now.

But I will definitely be getting another cuddly bun, just not yet ;)

Back