• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Making cardboard toys - how to join panels

Alfster

New Kit
I like to give my rabbits bits of cardboard to chew and make sure they don't have glue (Amazon use this on their boxes), or sellotape on them.

However for big boxes that need cutting down, it's difficult to make them into tunnels or smaller boxes to play in, as they quickly get squashed flat in the run.

Can anyone suggest a way of fixing cardboard bits together? I guess string would be too dangerous, as it could be chewed and swallowed.

What about garden wire that is securely tied to a large non swallowable object?

How about punching holes and securing together with natural twine/string?

Edit - I use it for securing play pen panels - buns nibble it occassionaly but its fine

I like to give my rabbits bits of cardboard to chew and make sure they don't have glue (Amazon use this on their boxes), or sellotape on them.

However for big boxes that need cutting down, it's difficult to make them into tunnels or smaller boxes to play in, as they quickly get squashed flat in the run.

Can anyone suggest a way of fixing cardboard bits together? I guess string would be too dangerous, as it could be chewed and swallowed.

What about garden wire that is securely tied to a large non swallowable object?

Back