• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Quiet bun

willowholly

Mama Doe
Am abit worried about B,she seems very quiet and not eating as much as normal.If you didn't know her you would think everything is fine as she is eating but there is something not quite right.Shes been weeing on the floor,which isn't like her and also ive just noticed,as shes been laying next to me snoring,these poos are just dropping out of her bum and are sat on her legs,shes still fast asleep.Could this be anything to do with her advent calendar treats?She doesn't like being stroked much at moment either.

Yeah I would go and get her checked out to be on the safe side. I wish we'd taken Lars to the vet but it was too late - they can go so suddenly.

If she is not herself, then there is normally something wrong. To be on the safe side you should get her checked out asap.

When i got home from work last night she had covered her cloth on sofa in thick orange wee and also there was a big puddle on floor.There was tons of it.She seems much better today.Laid off choc drops from calendar yesterday and today but that could just be a coincidence.Am loathed to take her out in this cold weather at mo,so keeping a close eye on her rather than take her to vet yet.

This may be a silly question, but I assume the chocolates in the calendar are bunny friendly ones and not human ones?

Back