• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Albert is a girl! Advice needed.

Emm-Jane76

Mama Doe
My sister got two buns from a local rescue. They were only babies and not from the same litter. One was a girl and one was a boy. They were seperated after a while until Albert's little balls dropped.

Anyway, this evening my sister took him to the vets to see if he could find them as he is four months old now. The vet couldn't find anything and announced that Albert was a girl! Oops!

Am I right in thinking that if we put the two girls together again eventually that it would not be a good idea. Would they both need to be neutured? I think I already know the answer i.e. behaviour, hormones, phantom pregnancies and uterine cancer. In fact I think I've just answered my own question! Can anyone confirm?

Albert is now Albertine by the way. It's very strange looking at him as a her now!

Last edited:
:lol: Bless Albertine :)

I think you'd be best in getting them both neutered before trying to put them together :) It'd calm them down and help prevent fighting :) xXx

yeah that happened to me with ted, then i made the mistake of putting her and petal together and petal put ted in the vets. i can't bond my girls even thought their speyed, i can't say whether you should put them back together because they maybe used to each other now and maybe fine. hopefully someone can say better.

Am I right in thinking that if we put the two girls together again eventually that it would not be a good idea. Would they both need to be neutured? I think I already know the answer i.e. behaviour, hormones, phantom pregnancies and uterine cancer. In fact I think I've just answered my own question! Can anyone confirm?

Last question first - yes to the neutering for all the reasons you said! :lol:

Other than that, I dont see why you bond them as you would with any other pair of females.

Back