• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunnys pregnant. Making a nest on my bed...

Mansel

New Kit
Hi all
Have a strong feeling my rabbit is pregnant. If not shes going through a phantom pregnancy.

She started making a nest earlier on my bed, putting loads of fur under my quilt. I moved the fur into a box because obiovusly I can't have a nest on my bed. The box is beside my bed, I've even put a pillow from my bed into the box for comfort and because she obviously like the scent of the bed so...

But now shes jsut running about with a load of fur in her mouth, trying to find new a new location for her nest I'm guessing.

I'm a bit lsot as to what to do. She'd love the nest on the bed I'm guessing she keeps jumping on it but I've put my quilt flat now she theres no hidey place to make her nest on the bed, but she doesnt seem to want to use the box... any ideas?

Jamie

Provide a couple of boxes if you have them, plus access to where she normal sleeps. Also plenty of hay or she'll strip herself bald for bedding.

When was she with the male?

Thanks for the advice. She seems to have calmed down a bit now. No more running about with hair in her mouth. Seems content.

She did sexy times on the 17th of November, so almost 3 weeks ago.

Cheers,

Jamie

Are you planning on getting her spayed? Two of my does had several phantom pregnancies, they were each spayed before they were a year old and this solved the issue. :)

AMETHYST

Ye soon after chrismtas I'm gettin both my rabbits spayed. They need jabs too but can't afford it til after chrimbo.

Anyone recommend a good vet in the Hull area?

Jamie

Back