• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

help- urgent

im shaking as im writtin this, i think theres something wrong with shauny.

he ate his pellets this morning fine. Ive just walked past our room and he was sitting on the bed, he does wee on the bed (hasnt for bout 5 weeks) iwent over to stroke him and he moved to the other side of the bed and sat down where he had been he had weeded.

He then ran into his box where he did another wee (he has never done that).

He wont eat the greens we have just got for him. Ive tested his urine everything is fine (no blood) but his protine was 2+, not sure what that means i need help and advice .
x

If he will not eat anything then he probably has GI Stasis and your best bet is to get him to a vets ASAP. Rabbits goe downhill really quickly, so the earlier you can treat it the better.

Is he drinking and/or pooing at all? Does he have a history of teeth trouble?

Lots of vibes

FC xx

If he will not eat anything then he probably has GI Stasis and your best bet is to get him to a vets ASAP. Rabbits goe downhill really quickly, so the earlier you can treat it the better.

Is he drinking and/or pooing at all? Does he have a history of teeth trouble?

Lots of vibes

FC xx

no history of teeth trouble. we changed his litter tray lastnight bout 8, there are loads of poo's in there but havnt seen him do any today.
x

no history of teeth trouble. we changed his litter tray lastnight bout 8, there are loads of poo's in there but havnt seen him do any today.
x

OK, you need to get him to a vet today. In the meantime, keep him warm and try to get him to hop about if you can, it can help their digestion.

FC x

Good luck at the vet. You've got him treatment early, so he stands a much better chance of getting better.
Sending lots of vibes (and hugs) to you.

thankyou. I cant stop crying and shaking. He is my whole world.
x

I know, I can tell how upset you are :(
Try and keep calm and normal around Shauny though, as I'm sure they can pick up on our distress.
He'll be fine.

just got back from the vets, he has to stay in over night, hes on a drip and going to have meds. My poor baby, i have been crying non stop. Please send loads of vibes for my lil man.
x

Aww bless you, but you've done the right thing, and the drip and meds will help a lot. Bunnies dehydrate very quickly and when they do, they absorb moisture out of their guts and that also stops their guts from working - so the drip alone should really help to make him feel better and get everything moving again. Fingers crossed for some good news in the morning xxx

He's in the best hands now - they know what to do.
Squidgy once went in with a blockage and had to have surgery etc. He stayed in for a week, and came home right as rain. They can do amazing things now.
Lots of vibes for him.

Sending loads and loads of vibes.

I really hope you have some good news soon. I'm sure Shauny knows how much he means to you.

Back