• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Which month/temperature can the buns go back outside?

lisa82

Mama Doe
I've done a search but can't find the answer. What temperature do we need outside for the bunnies to be moved outside again, after being in an unheated room in a house with no central heating?

Last edited:
I put my housies outside in April last year i think. depends whether they are going outside or into a shed?

Im wanting to know this for Oscar and Jasmine.
May :shock: dont think i can wait that long.

They are going into a playhouse though :)

its easy having them inside BUT we happened to buy a house with HAY in the walls, yes HAY!! and guess who's found it and who sends me to sleep with the sound of little teeth trying to eat through the wall!! :shock:

I would say about May, as sometimes it warms up earlier but then we get a nasty frost later on. Took an abusive call from someone earlier today wanting to board their rabbits over xmas. I told them we were full for indoors (they were house rabbits) and she said "well stick them outside in a hutch", when I refused and explained why she went ballistic:roll:

I would say about May, as sometimes it warms up earlier but then we get a nasty frost later on. Took an abusive call from someone earlier today wanting to board their rabbits over xmas. I told them we were full for indoors (they were house rabbits) and she said "well stick them outside in a hutch", when I refused and explained why she went ballistic:roll:

:shock:Omg!:shock:

Jackx

:shock: Some people!

My buns are outdoor all year round too, I didn't know they are supposed to come in during winter. Are they?

I would love them to be indoor but they are little home wreckers lol

If they are outside all the time, they grow a winter coat and are absolutely fine. Salt has beautiful winter fur - he almost doubles in size he's so fluffy!!

My buns are outdoor all year round too, I didn't know they are supposed to come in during winter. Are they?

I would love them to be indoor but they are little home wreckers lol

No, it isn't a very good idea to bring them in, then put them back out again, as they get their winter coat ready for winter. If you bring them in they will be too warm, and malt it all off, then if you put them back out too early, they won't be able to keep themselves warm.

My buns are outdoors all year, and they are fine! Their kennel is all covered and snug etc.
Jack:)

:shock: Some people!

I know, but sadly it just means that some other boarding place will probably take them instead and be prepared to do just that:( It is hard saying no but you have to think of the welfareof the animal and hope that you are educating the owner a little at the same time. Some are really happy for you to point things out and help them, other's aren't. I just hope wherever they go they will be kept warm.

Back