• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Newby Chloe wants stories on Bunny Bonding experiences!

Captainsfluff

Warren Scout
Hi, I am Chloe, just joined after searching for bunnies to rehome in Leicester.

I have a 2 year old castrated male house rabbit. Adorable butterfly marked lop. I bought him from a pet shop but have since learned about bunny adoption sites such as this! When i looked at my local RSPCA centre before getting captian they did't have any bunnies in.

I am now looking for a neutered female bun to bond with Captain as I often worry he gets lonley when I am at work. He gets along with my mothers dog very well when we stay for visits and also my former cat phoeobe who sadly passed away at Christmas.

I think this i s a promising sign that he may be able to bond with a rabbit. I am a little unsure still however as he has never met another bunny since he was 8 weeks old. At my old house he could be rather territorial of the underneath of my bed, his favourite place to chill. Since we have moved to a new flat however he is alot less territorial and there hasn't been a single grunt from him since we moved in.

Could anyone give me their stories of male/femal bunny bonding, how they went about it, and where i might fing a nice soul mate for him in Leicester.

Thanks

Hi! :wave: I suggest you PM Jill - her user name on here is Honeybunny. She runs a rabbit rescue in Leicester :) That's where our Hoops met Ant (in my siggie). Male-female bondings are usually fairly straight-forward and it's great that you're hoping to give a rescue bunny a home :D Good luck!

Welcome to RU :wave:

There's loads of information on Bonding in the Rabbit Care section. I hope you can find him a girlfriend soon :)

Bunny Date!

thanks for your responses guys! Captain now has a bunny date on Teusday with a bun lady called whist through Honey bunnies! Lets hope it's love! xx

Woodlouse

Hi Woodlouse. Did your bunnies both have to go to Honey bunnies to be bonded, or did you do it by yourself?

Hi Woodlouse. Did your bunnies both have to go to Honey bunnies to be bonded, or did you do it by yourself?

We took Hoops with us to Honeybunnies and Jill introduced her to Ant in her kitchen. After an hour or so we put both bunnies in to one carrier and brought them home in the car and monitored them ourselves on neutral territory. It wasn't the first time we'd bonded bunnies tho and Ant & Hoops got on immediately. If you're concerned about the bonding then get in touch with Jill and talk it through with her. Hope it goes well with Whist :D

Back