• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sofa Destruction!

Hayley985

Young Bun
Hi :wave:

Our new rabbit Flick has started chewing our sofa to pieces! We have tried putting vinegar on it to stop her but it hasnt worked. She has plenty of things to nibble on in her cage but seems to prefer the sofa :roll: Any ideas on how to stop it??

I've heard of people using olbas oil in the past as a chew deterent to house rabbits on wooden furniture, not sure how it would work on a sofa, but may be worth considering?

Also you can get training sprays (Bitter bite) for dogs and cats, there may well be one out there for rabbits too. I'd have a good read of some instructions on sprays in your local pet shop. All of these training sprays are suitable for use on fabrics too!

Hope that helps a bit :)

I've heard of things like that too. I reckon a search on the interwebs would work :)

I'm just picky about my furniture smelling nasty!
Flopsie has stopped chewing the carpet since I bought him a big "hay and hide" from pets at home. Theres a thread with him in it in the pics and stories group (i'm a bit drunk or i'd post a link, its taking me long enough to type posts without baaaaad mistakes!) It has calmed him down a bit from eating everything, including the carpet.

Flopsie has stopped chewing the carpet since I bought him a big "hay and hide" from pets at home. Theres a thread with him in it in the pics and stories group (i'm a bit drunk or i'd post a link, its taking me long enough to type posts without baaaaad mistakes!) It has calmed him down a bit from eating everything, including the carpet.

:lol::lol::lol:

Will give the olbas oil a go see how that works! if not will invest in a hay and hide! Thanks!

Has anyone got a link to the Hay and Hide?

I can't see it on the pets at home website and I've never seen it in my local shop.

Has anyone got a link to the Hay and Hide?

I can't see it on the pets at home website and I've never seen it in my local shop.

I've not managed to find the Large Hay and Hide on the internet yet :(

Gonna pop to p@H this afternoon to see if I can stock up lol

I think they are called natural hay houses or something. Captin my bun loves them and has fully demolished his last one. He has a hay ball with a bell in it now, this too has been gnawed right through. You can get mats aswell. Another good favourite chew item is carboard box that they can sit in and chew. Also stuffing toilet roll tubes with hay and treat, cutting holes in and pulling a little out for then to gget stuck into. Captain loves this, he throws them around, ha. Strange, can't find the hay tunnels on pets at home either anymore.

Back