• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cats and rabbit pics please?

~ Cat ~

Wise Old Thumper
Hi folks.

I would love Lola and my cats to get on - Lola loves the cats but they dont like her. Has anyone got any pictures of cats and rabbits getting along so at least I can live in hope?

Thank you!

No photos as it's years ago, but when I was in my teens we had a big white tomcat and a female dutch rabbit who had a large hutch and the run of the garden. The hutch door was always open and the cat could often be found cuddled up asleep with the bunny, purring. Occasionally you'd see them groom each other. It was really funny as he'd pretend to stalk her if he thought she couldn't see and the second she turned round to look at him he'd turn his head away and start sniffing the grass or lick his paw like he hadn't even noticed she was there.

I have one, it is of Scooby and Lola before he died. All my cats are fine with rabbits, they play with them they stalk, chase, get to the bun then walk off as the bun will turn around saying 'saw you coming'. The buns will often chase the cats around too, think they 'like' each other.

Just remembered I have a pic of Tabby stalking Mocha too. Nothing happened after the pic either, Tabby is just plain daft. I remember being worried about Scooby with rabbits as he has brought home 2 wild rabbits before, but he knows they are part of the family.

HPIM0825.jpg

023-2.jpg

017-2.jpg

Just remembered on more than one occasion I have left Scooby after cleaning out the rabbits in the hutch and run (he goes in get in the top of the hutch and goes to sleep) nothing has ever happened to the buns but I wouldn't on purpose leave him in there, I just forget to check for him. :oops:

I don't have any cats myself, but Zakura's brother apparently thought he was one and used his family's cats as jumping obstacles:roll: (Where he is now or if he still shares home with cats I'm not sure. They gave him away because he was aggressive...even though I advised them to get him neutered, since I had the same problem with Zakura and she turned out okay)
My neighbors also have a cat who likes to stay in with their rabbits, and occasionally even mine:D Don't have pics of them being "together" since my buns are "locked up" most of the time:lol: But I have seen him get into Zakura's run once, but he ran of so fast I couldn't get a picture of it.
Cat_and_rabbit_by_Usagi_Zakura.jpg

Here he is checking out Aroma and her babies, Tobi and Rufus.
Pumba (the cat) didn't try to get in, he just sat there staring at them for the longest time:roll: Perhaps he thought Aroma would get overprotective if he came in, I guess she could... Never heard of a cat killing adult rabbits but babies are definitely at risk.
Feeling_Watched_by_Usagi_Zakura.jpg

Here's one of their first meetings. Before Tobi and Rufus were born.

Here's my Oscar with my bunnies :D Nala loves him and follows him quite a bit.. simba isn't bothered by him at all and will just sit there if Oscar goes near him, and Fifi usually runs away from him

oscarandsimba6.jpg

oscarandsimba3.jpg

withfriends-1.jpg

oscar7.jpg

I just found this too.. its my old cat Suzy who is over the bridge with my little bunny Smudge who is also over the bridge now
smudge.jpg

Bob and Monty used to spend ages cuddled up together on my chair grooming each other :love: :love:

CIMG1528.jpg

Awwwww thanks folks!

Our cats are sulking as Lola has overtaken their bed!

I bought her a "igloo" this afternoon - she humped it for a bit and then wrecked it!

Loving the pictures!!! :love:

Maisie hassling Tess while she tries to sun bathe.

MaisieTess2.jpg

MaisieTess1.jpg

Pippin talks to Lily

Pippintalks2Lily.jpg

Tess & Lily happily share the garden with the buns and pigs

Allout15jul08.jpg

Baby Saffron thinks Tess is a funny looking rabbit!

TessSaffcrop.jpg

Tess asks baby Dhillon to 'please leave me alone' and jumps on the bench for safety

DhilTesscrop.jpg

I have 2 other cats, Tiggy (who is frightened of the rabbits and runs away) and Boo who I wouldn't trust with the buns or pigs. So I think it depends on the cat.
Rabswood

Back