• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A little help and advice

Hi everyone,

I'm new here and as some of you might have noticed, I have fallen in love with one of the bunnies in the rehoming thread....

I just wanted to ask your advice as you all seems to have some much experience with bunnies!

I have a 6 month old male agouti dwarf lop named humphrey, he is a house rabbit and is free to roam all of the upstairs.

This is him:

m9ugp3.jpg

(please excuse the mess, It was cleaning day!)

Now, I would like to adopt another rabbit, so what i wanted to check with you was this, would it be okay to add a male with Humps? Or do you usually recommend a female? I have fallen in love with one of the rabbit available for adoption but obviously want the best for Humps and any new additions so your advice would be really great.

Many thanks

Roxy

Most people would recommend male -female pairings, however male-male may work.. Try contacting the rescue centre & ask if you could introduce humps to the rabbit youre interested in, they may or may not get along. If not as Humps is there you could try introducing him to another bun that may take yours & his fancy

Hi everyone,

I'm new here and as some of you might have noticed, I have fallen in love with one of the bunnies in the rehoming thread....

I just wanted to ask your advice as you all seems to have some much experience with bunnies!

I have a 6 month old male agouti dwarf lop named humphrey, he is a house rabbit and is free to roam all of the upstairs.

This is him:

m9ugp3.jpg

(please excuse the mess, It was cleaning day!)

wel

Now, I would like to adopt another rabbit, so what i wanted to check with you was this, would it be okay to add a male with Humps? Or do you usually recommend a female? I have fallen in love with one of the rabbit available for adoption but obviously want the best for Humps and any new additions so your advice would be really great.

Many thanks

Roxy

hi there firstly he is gorgeous.. is he neuteered? i would do this before trying ANY combination of bonding as the hormones really can wreak havoc with a bond and cause fights and all sorts of problems. if he is some people do have m.m bonds and some f/m usually the EASIEST pairing is a neutered male and a speyed female butmmost buns will bond if their personalitys match are bonded on neuteral ground and have both been fixed adn time for hormones to calm down, i would speak to the rescue in question regarding possibly meeting the bun first to see how they react to each other this would prob gauge it for you .... hope that you get a nice bun freind for your humps xx

Hellooo!

Thanks for the fast replies!

Humps is not yet neutered as I was originally very scared about losing him during the operation or perhaps him losing his naughty but nice personality, but after reading up on it on here I have decided that it is safe as long as I take him to a rabbit saavy vet so he will be getting booked in for next week...i'm still pretty nervous about it though!

Thanks very much for the information, I need to have a good think about what would be best for him.

Roxy x

Back