• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Behaviour change after bonding

sarahmarshadlam

Warren Scout
Hi,

I wonder if you may be able to give some advice or know of any websites that could help. My first house rabbit Tinker was so loving and affectionate and very attached to me. But a few months ago I got him a mate and they are bonded but now he wants nothing to do with me. He ignores me and when I try to stroke or pet him like before he just seems irritated by pushing my hand out the way or goes to a toy and starts chewing it furiously like he's irritated with me.

Why is he acting this way? Is there any way to rekindle our special bond as it's very sad that he seems so hostile now?

Many thanks, Sarah

does he seem to be closely bonded with his pal? If he is then I wouldn't worry too much as I think it is lovely when 2 rabbits are really close. Tyson was very close to me before we got Bruno but I much prefer the fact that he has a pal of the same species as I think that has made him much happier. :)

Back