• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

help,no poo for 2 days

hardybaby

Warren Scout
i have had laurel for 2 weeks and he was ok at first but he is very off his food now i have barely seen him eat or drink and he hasnt pooed for about 2 days i cant see any at all. he doesnt seem great i dont know what to do...i have seen him eat a bit so why is there no poo?:cry: i have booked him into vets for fri, will this be too late?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?

Friday will almost certainly be too late, he needs to see a vet as soon as possible, definitely tonight.

Make sure you bring him indoors, if he isn't already and stress to the vet's receptionist that he needs a vet because he hasn't eaten and is not pooing.

Lots of vibes and please keep us posted.

FC x

I know, having poorly rabbits is so hard:(. However, you do need to get him to the vets tonight, young rabbits go downhill very quickly. Once he has been to the vets, you know what you are dealing with and can try to treat it.

I hope he gets better soon.

The sooner you get him to the vets the better.
Rabbits go down hill quickly.
Hope he is better soon.

oh no what do you think is wrong with him!! i just picked him up but since we got him he doesnt like it at alllll!! he has eaten a bit its just no poo:(

oh no what do you think is wrong with him!! i just picked him up but since we got him he doesnt like it at alllll!! he has eaten a bit its just no poo:(

I'm obviously not an expert but he obviously has a problem with his digestive system somewhere. You almost certainly will not have caused it and could not have prevented it but the only way he will get better is if he gets urgent treatment at the vets. Have you got an appointment yet?

Rabbits can die very quickly if their digestive system is working too slowly/not at all, which sounds like what is happening here. definitely get him to the vets immediately even if you have to go to the emergency one. don't want to stress you out but its better to act now than regret it - I hope he's ok. good luck x x

I agree with everyone else, please, please get your little one to a vets pronto.
Is he drinking very much, if at all?

i saw him drink a bit, i have sringes i could get some water into him, i just rang my dad and he said he can take him in morn coz ill be at work and ill ring up now to book him in...i have biolapis and baytril in cupboard shal i use them in meantime.. he has had pineapple for last few days..... :( he doesnt feel cold to touch!!!!! lucy has just got better aswel!!xxx

Like the others have said a bunny especially a young one can deteriorate quickly. You have only had him 2 weeks have you changed the diet? Do you give him plenty of hay?
Please do take him to a vet now if not it might be too late:cry:

Hello he really needs a vet now

It could be he is going into GI Statis or could have a stomach blockage. Rabbits have to keep eating to keep their system moving and the fact its been two days already is a worry.

Do you have a syringe you can give him cooled boiled water with?

Sadly bunnies go down hill very quickly but with vets attention hopefully he'll pull through. There is hope but he needs to go now.

Take him to the Vets ASAP i lost my little bunny thru the exact same thing about 3 months ago PLEASE get him there as quickly as possible hun and get some medication for him ****ViBeS**** Get Well Soon Little man :(

i saw him drink a bit, i have sringes i could get some water into him, i just rang my dad and he said he can take him in morn coz ill be at work and ill ring up now to book him in...i have biolapis and baytril in cupboard shal i use them in meantime.. he has had pineapple for last few days..... :( he doesnt feel cold to touch!!!!! lucy has just got better aswel!!xxx

Hiya why has he had pineapple? was it medicinal?

How old is he?

Mine kept eating n drinkin little amounts but he needs medical attention SOONER rather than TOMORROW it may be too LATE tomorrow hun :cry:

YOU NEED TO GET HER URGENT TREATMENT RIGHT AWAY - IF LEFT THIS WILL BE FATAL - SOUNDS LIKE GUT STASIS I CANT EXPRESS THE URGENCY ENOUGH (Dont mean to scare you) xx hugs and vibes

i have just rang the vets!! ten to 9 tomorrow morning i hav got him in!!!! he has always had loads of hay since i got him and i have kept him on the same food because i am going to wean him onto excel soon ...he has had fresh water etc everything.... i wil sryinge him and keep him warm in meantime??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

he is about ten weeks. i gave him pineapple juice because lucy had some coz she was poorly and i gave him some too. :( can i sprynge feed him or anything

Is that the earliest appointment, if it is a rabbit savvy vet they will know the urgency and get you in tonight - sorry if we sound like we are pushing you, but most of us have had experience with rabbits that have had stasis:cry:
What was wrong with Lucy?

Back