• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

BavBun & Luvabuns Grand Day Out

luvabun

Warren Veteran
Where were we today?????????

gdo061.jpg

gdo089.jpg

gdo116.jpg

gdo096.jpg

gdo168.jpg

gdo120.jpg

Ugh I hope where-ever it was has noticed the awful snout-rub on that poor water dragon.:(
That;s interesting 'cos neither Gisela or moi know owt about water dragons and wondered if it's nose was normal.....

p.s. what's snout rub?

Basically water dragons get it sometimes when their enclosure is too small/they are stressed. They end up rabbing their faces so hard on the walls trying to get out that they damage their snouts. That one looks pretty bad but maybe it was and adoptee (hopefully) and it's not still doing it.

Basically water dragons get it sometimes when their enclosure is too small/they are stressed. They end up rabbing their faces so hard on the walls trying to get out that they damage their snouts. That one looks pretty bad but maybe it was and adoptee (hopefully) and it's not still doing it.
There was a sign stating that 5 water dragons had been let loose to roam in the enclosure, will it recover? :(

Is that Kew by any chance? Can't remember if they had exotics there when I visited so I'm not sure, just guessing from the plants really!:lol:

Definitely! We walked for miles (wish I'd got my pedometer on :lol: ).. obviously there's different plants looking their best according to the season and today the rockery area looked particularly impressive.... and the flycatchers... and the orchids...... I spent quite a bit of time on the floor taking piccies :oops::lol:

Yes, we walked A LOT, my legs are still complaining. :lol: But it was well worth it. We were up in the treetops, and below the ground. We looked at those amazing photos that I posted about yesterday. And generally had a good time.

Here are some of the many photos I took:

July2008107.jpg

July2008108.jpg

July2008106.jpg

July2008112.jpg

July2008105.jpg

July2008102.jpg

July2008088.jpg

July2008084.jpg

July2008078.jpg

July2008056.jpg

July2008051.jpg

And one for Maizy:

July2008074.jpg

:wave: Gisela, I love the fourth pic you've posted here... I love the way it squirls and your eyes are drawn to that. I may have the camera but you've got the photographers eye
1.gif

That's the top of a cactus. I tried to find all sorts of patterns like that today. Your photo of the lotus flower is brilliant. Mine is ok, but I could not get as close as you (or rather, I did not dare to step too close to the water...:lol: ).

Both of you two must have fantastic cameras to get such amazing quality shots. Beautiful pictures, brilliant.

The pic of the californian poppies is wonderful,I'd love it as a framed print.....I'm useless at taking good pics...would love to go to Kew too,looks fab!

The last one is amazing, you can see all the little hairs on the leaf. my close-up of that one came out all blurred. :( This is the only one I liked, because of the focus on the one in the front, and the blurred background:

July2008060.jpg

I also like the little droplets on the sundew:

July2008057.jpg

And this is my version of the lotus flower. It just looks so unreal, as if it was glowing. And they have such lovely leaves, too. Shame that they would not survive in my pond. :lol:

July2008055.jpg

Back