• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Two Pairs or a Foursome - what do you think?

Two Pairs or a Foursome?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Netutopia

Alpha Buck
This is a long story but I will try to summarise:

1) Sweep paired up with Merry March 2008;
2) Hollie (Merry's daughter) joined the pair a week later;
3) All bunnies got on very well tgether;
4) Had some gardening work done including my hubbie converting our shed for the trio a few weeks ago (attached by a tunnel to their existing run);
5) Moved them in;
6) Hollie and Merry had a big fight so decided to split the three up;
7) Got Hollie a husbun of her own, Thumper;
8- Now have 2 pairs (plus another pair that are happily loved up).

Anyway this is my dilema...

Here is their setup:

tn_shedrun2.JPG

As we had to separate them, Merry and Sweep have a 5 x 7 foot shed all to themselves with a run built on the right hand side of the shed accessed by a tunnel from the shed:

tn_shedrun.JPG

tn_shed.JPG

tn_shed2.JPG

Hollie and Thumper have a 6 x 2 foot hutch with 6 x 4 foot under run and currently have access (when we are around) to an enclosed area of garden:

tn_hutch.JPG

tn_grass.JPG

If the silly girlies had not have had the fight they would have had all of this to themselves (and Sweep of course)! However in a way it is great because Thumper is adorable and so sweet natured we all love him to bits and I can't imagine not having him!

tn_thumper3.JPG

Anyway...

I am frustrated because Merry and Sweep have the perfect bad weather setup and Hollie and Thumper have the perfect good weather setup (for me anyway). Now if only all four would get on together......

So, do you think that I should keep the 2 pairs separate or should I try the 4 together?

Please give me your honest opinion and reasons.

Thank you for any advice!

If you have the time and patience for bonding, plus a good neutral space then I would give it a go. I like groups of bunnies, and have successfully bonded two pairs into a foursome on more than one occassion in the past. Also, they'd have such a lovely set up if they all had access to that whole area. :D

Nice set ups! I have two pairs and wanted to bond them so they could all have more run time in the garden but was advised not too as it may affect the bonding within the pairs. Was told it could cause fighting with the two couple resulting in four single buns. Left them as it is. Not ideal but best they are happy than all sad. Just my opinion.

Normally I'd say try the group, but if they've had serious fights in the past and are all happy and in love in their pairs then I'd leave it.

Then again, we had a three once and that didn't work, but now that same three are part of a group of 5 and there are no problems.

Doh!

One minute I keep thinking that I should try the 4 and then I take an about turn and think that they are happy so why rock the boat...

...but they could have so much space to play in...

...HELP!

Back