• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

need help please

Daz

New Kit
first of all id like to say a big HELLO :wave:

we bought a rabbit a while ago and now he's 6 months old and starting to get attitude :?

he has started nipping my ankles and chaces me around the garden and house (running at me) and he's started getting friendly with my wife :love:

what can we do to keep a happy household ?

does he need another rabbit or maybe a guinea pig ?

thanks
Daz

Getting him neutured should help :wave:

but I would not suggest getting him a guinea pig friend, a bunny friend when neutured would be good though :)

Last edited:
hi thanks for the fast replies ....and no hes not Neutered.

how would a guinea pig help ?

ps he's a mini dwarf lop
Daz

YOu have to neuter him to prevent future cancer as well as get him a spay bunny from any of the closest rehome bunny shelter, that would keep him company

Getting him neutered would probably be the best solution at this stage. The little guy probably has his hormones kicking in ;)

I would get him neutered and then get him a wife...

please don't put a guinea with him as they are different species and may fight x

ive just rang the vets and he's losing them next week :roll:

£55 :shock:

then ill get him a rabbit friend from a rescue centre.

thanks
Daz

Sounds like a great solution to me,Boris used to be like that during his "teenage period" but he's a lot calmer now when neutered. Good luck :)

ive just rang the vets and he's losing them next week :roll:

£55 :shock:

then ill get him a rabbit friend from a rescue centre.

thanks
Daz

Great idea Daz! It's usually around £40 for a male castration, but it will definately be worth it :D

Back