PDA

View Full Version : Help!!!! Bunny Bites & Circles My Feet!

malibuxceci
01-07-2008, 07:56 PM
I hope some of you can help me with this! My bunny is a male & is 14 months old and whenever i stand or am sitting he's obsessed with my feet or ankles. When i stand up he circles my feet and tries to nip me sometimes. When i'm sitting he jumps up and tries to nip my ankles.

What is this?? How do i get this to stop? I've tried a loud NO .... any suggestions ?? its really becoming obsessive where i can't leave my feet down & he will jump on the couch just to get to my feet. THANKS!!!!

Jazzy B Bunny
01-07-2008, 08:01 PM
Get him castrated :lol: he fancies you :lol:

hurricanhoney
01-07-2008, 08:02 PM
You need to get him neutered if he is not already.

AnnaDelie
01-07-2008, 08:17 PM
Get him castrated :lol: he fancies you :lol:

:lol: yeah, he's got some real hormones going on there - would def get him castrated very soon

malibuxceci
01-07-2008, 08:19 PM
would this be of any danger to him considering he is 14 months?

joeyred
01-07-2008, 08:20 PM
Bunny loooove :love:, off with the plums :lol::lol::lol:

areia
01-07-2008, 08:20 PM
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh thats what it means big's runs round my feet all the time, does the periscope bunnie thing and rearranges my jeans or what ever i have on, mind you hes hasnt nipped me

joeyred
01-07-2008, 08:22 PM

Absolutely not, boys can be done as young as 4-6 months old

twinklejake
01-07-2008, 08:23 PM
Had my Romey castrated last week coz he was doing the circling (andhumping my leg!):oops:

He was 20 months old and so far no problems :wave:

areia
01-07-2008, 08:26 PM
mines 4 years :oops:

racheld69
01-07-2008, 08:27 PM
i had Barney done at 1 and a half and Jigsaw at 5 and a half. Both fine. Barney used to circle me and spray my legs and that stopped once he was done. Is also nicer for them as once they are done they have no sexual frustration so can concentrate on dandelion leaves and nose rubs and binkies!

malibuxceci
01-07-2008, 08:28 PM
thank you everyone for the info!!! glad to know its not only my crazyy bunny! i thought i was alone! lol looks like my Miko is gonna have to get snipped! :( .... i'm new to this forum & its awsome to have a place where i can ask people questions about my Miko!

AnnaDelie
01-07-2008, 08:31 PM
thank you everyone for the info!!! glad to know its not only my crazyy bunny! i thought i was alone! lol looks like my Miko is gonna have to get snipped! :( .... i'm new to this forum & its awsome to have a place where i can ask people questions about my Miko!

Bless - is that a pic of Miko in your profile? He's lovely :)

parsnipbun
01-07-2008, 08:34 PM
Don't forget to check that your vet is rabbit knowledgeable and frequently does rabbit operations before booking your sexy friend in for his plums!

If any doubts then ask on here for recommendations. rabbits ops are best done by rabbity vets!

malibuxceci
01-07-2008, 08:37 PM
Bless - is that a pic of Miko in your profile? He's lovely :)

yup! thats my Miko! he's a cutie except when he's nipping my feet :lol:

malibuxceci
01-07-2008, 08:38 PM
Don't forget to check that your vet is rabbit knowledgeable and frequently does rabbit operations before booking your sexy friend in for his plums!

If any doubts then ask on here for recommendations. rabbits ops are best done by rabbity vets!

I'm from NYC ... This is a long shot but does anyone know a good Vet in NYC?

Tamsin
01-07-2008, 08:40 PM
We're mostly in the UK here but you could try contacting your local rescue centre/humane society. If they take rabbits they may be able to recommend good vets or the ones they use to get all their bunnies done. The House Rabbit Society might have a list too :)

malibuxceci
01-07-2008, 08:42 PM
Thank you guys!!!!! Your all soooooo helpful! i really appericate it!!!! :love:

x-baby-bella-x
01-07-2008, 08:47 PM
Thank you guys!!!!! Your all soooooo helpful! i really appericate it!!!! :love:

I know I haven't spoke in this thread until now but I just thought I'd say, that's what we're here for! Not just to make friends but be of some help, too! ;)

malibuxceci
01-07-2008, 08:49 PM
I know I haven't spoke in this thread until now but I just thought I'd say, that's what we're here for! Not just to make friends but be of some help, too! ;)

good to know!! i'll deff be a regular on this forum! i have alot of learning to do!!

p.s ? what is a binky ?? lol

NickieM
01-07-2008, 08:51 PM
Just don't bend over until he done!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

malibuxceci
01-07-2008, 09:03 PM
lol oh boy!

ecudc
01-07-2008, 09:42 PM
binky = bouncing around and going nuts.. having a great time.

When your bunny circles you does he honk (soft noise like a far away cruise liner horn) as well? I miss my bunnys honking as it goes when they're neutered as does the circling....I only get it now when there's food to be had. I don't however miss little rosies grunting, lunging and boxing which she used to do before being neutered.

parsnipbun
01-07-2008, 09:45 PM
Re vets in NYC:

You could try asking on Bunspace (www.bunspace.com). This is mainly Americans - though has people from round the world including some uk! It also has lists of vets - and you can put a question on the forum there.

But don't forget to come back and chat to us!

malibuxceci
01-07-2008, 10:20 PM
wow i can believe all the responses you guys gave me! once again you guys are so helpful! i cant believe it! i had to leave work and i came back to check & i see even more responses! incredible! and thanks for the help on the lingo!!! lol i feel included!! :p

mini lop1
01-07-2008, 10:22 PM

no i had my first bunny castrated as late as 2years

Cornishlass
02-07-2008, 07:39 AM
:shock: Mine has just begun to circle my feet and I thought it was was because he was becoming used to me and wanted my company! Perhaps it's time to think about getting him done too? :lol: