• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Best Rabbit Treat

MollyND

Young Bun
I've seen so many rabbit treats. Molly likes treat bars but haven't tried anything else. What are your buns faves?

:wave: my little monster love the Boredom Breakers Naturals stuff - he loves the Herbal Garden and Herbs Plus. Many on here will steer clear of anything that is stuck together (something i'd never thought of before joining) because it'll usually contain sugar and things that aren't too great for their tums.

Mine like the natural herb salad and the cornflower leaves, scatter them in their hay and they spend ages digging and eating it. Fun to watch and keeps them amused.

B loves the Boredom Breakers Natural carrotys.She used to love the parsley bell too but is not allowed it now as shes on a low calcium diet.

Mine love the Harry Hamster Yipee Treats. It's the only way I have of making them come anywhere near me!

My rabbits love my cookies I make them they are made out of natural treats such as bannana apples etc. They are completely healthy and they go nuts for them if anyone wants the recipe i'll be happy to share:D

Just new fruits and veggies, there are enough to make them exciting every time:) And Naturals stuff like the different hays and things. Remember to avoid sugar and dairy products!

:wave:

Mine go crazy for any herbs - I grow some in the garden specially, plus often herbs are reduced at the end of the day in supermarkets or greengrocers - and they also really love currants and raisins, and will eat them out my hand which is all soft and snuffly!

fenugreek crunchies are the current favorite treats! other than that just a bit of carrot is loved just as much!

banana - Arthur would kill for a small piece of banana. Second favorite is a grape :D

Dylan is more fussy, he likes grass but won't eat the grass the grows in the shade! :roll: He does like a bit of apple though :D

I rarely give any of my pets commercial treats - even the "natural" stuff can be unsuitable - yes, it's natural but still not what that species is supposed to eat (e.g. dairy or honey in a rabbit treat, seeds which can be a choking hazard, too high in sugar/protein/calcium etc)
Fresh herbs are a great treat for almost all critters - for example, most rats will go mad for a basil leaf, and buns love loads of different herbs and veggies so there's no real need for a bar of honey covered seeds or similar as a treat

Apple tree branches - they won't leave them until they're stripped - even humungous ones have been stripped in no time:D

My lot dont get any shop bought honey/nut sticks cos i dont think they are any good for them. Instead i get dried herbs like dandelion, nettle, mixed herbs etc and they get a handful of those sometimes.. also i got carrot pellets and dried carrot slices for the odd treat.

I rarely give any of my pets commercial treats - even the "natural" stuff can be unsuitable - yes, it's natural but still not what that species is supposed to eat (e.g. dairy or honey in a rabbit treat, seeds which can be a choking hazard, too high in sugar/protein/calcium etc)
Fresh herbs are a great treat for almost all critters - for example, most rats will go mad for a basil leaf, and buns love loads of different herbs and veggies so there's no real need for a bar of honey covered seeds or similar as a treat

I agree, mine get herbs as treats, or a few extra pellets :lol:

agreed, mine get a small chunk of apple as a treat or herbs. With rabbits having such delicate tummies I think you are better to stick to natural foods and not man made treats :)

agreed, mine get a small chunk of apple as a treat or herbs. With rabbits having such delicate tummies I think you are better to stick to natural foods and not man made treats :)

I ONLY GIVE MINE HERBS FOR A TREAT, THEY LOVE CORIANDER, BASIL AND A SPRIG OF PARSLEY.

Back