• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My holiday to Halkidiki, Greece

Diddeen

Wise Old Thumper
I've just sorted my photos from our holiday to Hanioti in Halkidiki, Greece last week. It was really hot there, lovely quiet beaches and good bars which made great cocktails!! Here are a couple of my best photos
Here's the best beach in the area.. perfect white sand and really still water, it was really quiet too
ChroussosBeach1.jpg

This is a beach between another resort and our own resort which we walked.. just shows how quiet the beaches were!!
FromPefkohoritoHanioti.jpg

Going the other way
FromPolihronotoHanioti.jpg

Here's a photo of the sea from Hanioti beach looking across to the next peninsular
Haniotiview.jpg

This is the entrance of our hotel.. we stayed in the room at the far left, was really nice and new, and right on the beach too!
Hotelentrance.jpg

I was really excited when we were sat in a little cafe and realised all these birds flying in and out above us.. then noticed loads of nests in the roof... i believe they are swallows and you can see 4 heads in this nest with one parent sat below it
Swallownest.jpg

Last edited:
Looks lovely. I had always wanted to go to the Sani Beach resort and then my electrician went and there were huge fires that year.

The sea looks lovely and clear.

Looks gorgeous! Lovely pics, I'm very jealous....however, I have to say.....I wanna see more pics of the hunky fella doing a Daniel Craig impression coming out of the water mmmm yum :D :D:D:lol::lol:

xxx

that looks lovely...

Can i ask which hotel it was? I cant afford to go to the maldives at the moment but that beach looks near enough!:lol:

:wave: that looks really nice -have been thinking of going there. if it was a package who did you book through and what is the name of the hotel? or did you book flights, hotel etc yourself?

We booked through Thomas Cook and the hotel is the Naias Beach Hotel. There were two parts to the hotel.. the older part on one side of the road, the pool behind the hotel, then a pool bar (you could even have a drink in the pool from the bar!) then seating for the bar, then the beach! We were in the newer part which was over a quiet road from the main hotel. Just so you know.. you dont get a seaview, we had a balcony over the road.. however the pool and beach were so close we were at the pool or beach every day!
Most of the beaches are a fine shingle rather than soft sand.. but the first photo i posted was at Chroussos beach down the coast (need a car or taxi ideally..we walked from a bus stop and it took us about an hour!!) This beach is pure white sand and still water. There was a hotel there but not really a resort if you want bars/restaurants etc.

Veronica.. thats my bf coming out of the water.. he hates his photo taken but he didnt really know i took it :lol::lol: I dont have any other flattering photos of him :lol::lol:

Last edited:
Lovely pictures! The birds are either swallows or swifts depending on the tails. Forked means they're swallows, wedge means they're swifts. :)

AMETHYST

Lovely pictures! The birds are either swallows or swifts depending on the tails. Forked means they're swallows, wedge means they're swifts. :)

AMETHYST

yeah they were definitely swallows.. i have other photos of them and they do have forked tails ;)

Back