• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

are rabbs scared of the wind ?

i know this sounds really odd but are rabbs scared of the wind or am i just being paranoid :shock: when i put them in their run earlier it was really windy, to be honest they didn't seem overly bothered but i stayed out with them anyway, did i need to or am i being a :censored: they're still out now only because i wanted to see how they reacted when i left them for a bit but they seem to be ok am i being cruel by leaving them out even though its windy ?

Mine tend to go mad running around the garden when its windy, but they arent frightened by it because they have the choice of coming inside but never do :lol:

mine don't seem too bothered they were just tearing around the run after each other, i'm prob just being paranoid :oops: . these are my 1st rabbs so still trying to learn a lot !

yeah Benny always has been - he hides upstairs in his hutch on windy days, and the times Zinniea has got stasis have been when it's really windy - it must really spook her although her sisters don't seem bothered, and Maa never cared.

I dont think my rabbits are scared of the wind but they certainly arent impressed when I put them out in it. They dont run about as much, the tend to just sit there!

My lot don't mind a stiff breeze but when it's really windy they don't seem to like it whistling in their ears.

They seem to do a lot of running around too.

My two hate the wind, and hide up much of a windy day (like today). I think it is because the wind blows their whiskers and fur around, and it is more difficult to hear in the wind, so their defense systems are not so useful to them to detect danger, so they always think it is dangerous :roll:

They love sunny unwindy days.... like their mum!:lol:
And snowy days, and even when it is raining a little, they prefer to sit outside....

I think it's down to the rabbit. Some are and some aren't, although I have yet to meet a bun who is scared by the wind to be honest, but I do know there are some.

Nibbler's not that keen on it - I try to reduce noise levels by putting his run away from trees and washing lines etc. I think that seems to have helped.

We had a thunderstorm last night and I'm a bit worried that may have upset them - I wasn't home so I'm not sure. :?

Butterbean's ok in small storms but shes never been in a big one yet and Tony's never experienced a storm so i'm yet to find out what he thinks :shock: they seemed ok in the wind i think maybe because it was sunny as well as windy, who knows i think i'd prob leave them in if it was really bad i really don't want them to get frightened or feel vulnerable. Thanks for the advice everyone at least i've got an idea now :D

My two would live free range if they could and love the wind, and snow, and rain...

Mine are not frightened of ANYTHING and welcome danger :shock::lol:...

Unless i surprise them accidently :lol:

Back