• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Just let my buns meet fot the first time.

xShellx

Alpha Buck
And he made love to her within seconds, I pull him off. He was castrated a week ago and shes only 11 weeks old, Im I right in thinking the risk if pregnany will be low?

Low but not impossible. I would wait until your doe is spayed and also your bucks hormones have died down before allowing them to meet again (4-6wks). Not only is there a risk of pregnancy but also a high risk of them fighting. Get your doe weighed and she how soon she can be neutered, she will then need at least 10 days recovery before any introductions - but this should coincide with your bucks 'down time'.

Highly improbably but Im sure there have been cases of doe's getting pregnant at 3 months.

Its not worth the risk is it.

At least they like each other! Marbles really recovered well from his hip. Dont they have to be a certain age before they can get pregnant? Shes a flemish giant dont the giants mature later? They are both in my new run but i have wired of a small section for marble to be in as hes ment to be takin it easy!

And he made love to her within seconds, I pull him off. He was castrated a week ago and shes only 11 weeks old, Im I right in thinking the risk if pregnany will be low?

Hello :)

Although your Buck has been castrated he will remain fertile for a few weeks after surgery. As your Doe is only 11 weeks old it is unlikely that she has conceived. However, I would advise you to keep them apart for another 3 weeks. When you do introduce them he may still mount her but this is often more to do with establishing dominance. She may try to mount him too during the initial bonding process.

Once your Doe reaches 5-6 months of age I'd advise you to get her spayed. This will make for a much happier Bunny as she wont be forever ruled by her hormones which would make her grumpy and frustrated. She may also have phantom pregnancies which are very stressful. Spaying will also protect her from uterine infections and uterine cancer

Janex

I thought it would be ok if I was there with them, Im suprised how quick he jumped stright on her (with his poorly hip) !

Personally I wouldn't advise it for the risk factor :shock:

Also isn't your boy on 5 weeks rest for his hip? I suspect any "courtship" humping could worsen his injury.

I know it's hard but you have to be patient! :lol:

Vets said to keep him in a confined space. I have a small rabbit pen with 6 sides, I have removed 1 of the sides to make it even smaller. And hes sitting in there eating grass. I wont let him meet her again that was a bad Idea.

They where sniffing each other through the bars and I let her join him. I thought if they get used to each other while shes a baby it will be easier to bond them.

Vets said to keep him in a confined space. I have a small rabbit pen with 6 sides, I have removed 1 of the sides to make it even smaller. And hes sitting in there eating grass. I wont let him meet her again that was a bad Idea.

They where sniffing each other through the bars and I let her join him. I thought if they get used to each other while shes a baby it will be easier to bond them.

You are probably right that it will be easier to bond them if they are used to the smells. But I would keep them separate for now, you don't want to compromise his healing process. I think letting them smell each other through bars is probably fine as long as it does not excite him to the point of jumping about.

:)

You are probably right that it will be easier to bond them if they are used to the smells. But I would keep them separate for now, you don't want to compromise his healing process. I think letting them smell each other through bars is probably fine as long as it does not excite him to the point of jumping about.

:)

Just went outside and marble had escaped out of the run so put him back in his hutch. Hes fine but like you say dont want to risk his leg geting injured.

Im so happy hes healing so well. Hes almost right as rain and its only been a week! Im taking him to vets next week so wll see what they say,

Just went outside and marble had escaped out of the run so put him back in his hutch. Hes fine but like you say dont want to risk his leg geting injured.

Im so happy hes healing so well. Hes almost right as rain and its only been a week! Im taking him to vets next week so wll see what they say,

:shock: Oh goodness how did he get out? Is your garden rabbit proofed?

:shock: Oh goodness how did he get out? Is your garden rabbit proofed?

There where in this run. I put marbles small run inside the large run.

maeblegetinbatternewrun020.jpg

Back