• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Piccies of Starsky's Hutch FINALLY!

Kibbles

Mama Doe
Cleaned it out today, at the moment there's dust free woodshavings in there while waiting for the Profleece to dry.

It would appear it looks so much nicer with the woodshavings than the profleece :shock: But anyway, doesn't this just look so lovely and CLEAN?!?

Starsky was far too preoccupied eating his greens to realise that his hutch doors were open, and that he was on camera :lol:
238.jpg

For some reason he poops in what's supposed to be his sleeping area :roll: (hence the litter box that he never goes in :lol:)
240.jpg

Nom nom nom nom...
236.jpg

.... ..... .... ................ Sniff? ...............
232.jpg

231.jpg

230.jpg

i love seein hutchs nice and clean with fresh shavings in.bluebells loooks like that until she pushes them out the door!!!!:lol:xx

i love seein hutchs nice and clean with fresh shavings in.bluebells loooks like that until she pushes them out the door!!!!:lol:xx

:lol::lol::lol: Starsky doesn't seem to be bothered enough to mess it all up, he's just staying in his run all the time :roll:

True! I used Vetbed for about 2 weeks, and thought it looked nice! Then changed back to what I originally used, and both me and the buns prefer it!
I spent nearly £50 on Vetbed, then didn't use it:oops:
Jack x

If I were you I'd buy a larger oblong litter tray for the bedroom compartment, put shavings in the bottom and loads of hay in it. Then Starsky can sit in it to pee and poop and eat in his bedroom - for some reason bunnies seem to like using the 'bedroom' as toilet and by getting them to use the litter tray it'll be much easier cleaning him out :) Mine pee wherever there is hay, hence I only put hay in the litter tray now!!

Ooooo, does look lovely and clean! Starsky is a very lovely bunny :love:
My Darcy is a naughty bunny and would've kicked those shavings everywhere - she's not very tidy unlike like yours! :lol::lol:

If I were you I'd buy a larger oblong litter tray for the bedroom compartment, put shavings in the bottom and loads of hay in it. Then Starsky can sit in it to pee and poop and eat in his bedroom - for some reason bunnies seem to like using the 'bedroom' as toilet and by getting them to use the litter tray it'll be much easier cleaning him out :) Mine pee wherever there is hay, hence I only put hay in the litter tray now!!

Thats really good to know. I had a separate litter tray with my bunny (who came to me fully litter trained!) but she insisted on eating, sleeping, pooping and weeing in her bedroom. I've moved her litter tray into her bedroom, and now its a lot easier to clean out, but I was a little worried that it was not the 'done thing' - so thats reassured me :D

Very nice but I would get some proper locks for it as the heart wont keep a fox out. ( im just gussing the heart is the catch a ive never seen 1 before:oops: ) :D

My Darcy is a naughty bunny and would've kicked those shavings everywhere - she's not very tidy unlike like yours! :lol::lol:

Thats really good to know. I had a separate litter tray with my bunny (who came to me fully litter trained!) but she insisted on eating, sleeping, pooping and weeing in her bedroom. I've moved her litter tray into her bedroom, and now its a lot easier to clean out, but I was a little worried that it was not the 'done thing' - so thats reassured me :D

I think it's very common!! My neighbour looks after my rabbits when I'm away and she's VERY houseproud herself and just can't understand why rabbits aren't :lol: She asks where the 'eating hay' goes, and I've told her again and again stick it in the litter tray but she doesn't like doing that!!

I also have a hay rack with fresh hay in, but they hardly ever eat that - bunnies just like to munch whilst they do their business!!

Well, I put the hay in the hutch right after taking those pictures :roll::oops: because I got the pictures literally straight after the cleanout, sooo....

Anyway! Whenever I put hay in the litterbox he just pulls it out :shock: but I will try a bigger one, thanks :D

Oh dear... Starsky's not exactly 'tidy' either :lol: Mum noticed earlier today that he's chewing up the wooden base of the wiring on his run and hutch :shock: and has chewed up a LOT!
She's mad about it, saying that he's tearing apart the whole hutch; but there's nothing I can do about that, and it's an excuse to get another hutch :oops:
And to add to the untidiness, he refuses to poop in his litter tray no matter what, constantly avoiding it at all costs :lol: and then pulling it around the entire hutch, tipping everything out and then peeing on the wood of the hutch! :shock:

Oh dear... Starsky's not exactly 'tidy' either :lol: Mum noticed earlier today that he's chewing up the wooden base of the wiring on his run and hutch :shock: and has chewed up a LOT!
She's mad about it, saying that he's tearing apart the whole hutch; but there's nothing I can do about that, and it's an excuse to get another hutch :oops:
And to add to the untidiness, he refuses to poop in his litter tray no matter what, constantly avoiding it at all costs :lol: and then pulling it around the entire hutch, tipping everything out and then peeing on the wood of the hutch! :shock:

I would try putting other things in the litter tray and see if that makes any difference. I often get this with my foster buns and often a change of contents or moving the litter tray resolves the problem. Once you have Starsky neutered a nice big litter tray may work better for him, unneutered buns often are not as good with litter training as neutered ones.

This is going to sound so silly, but I am Litter Training D&J, and I am using a child sandpit, filled up with hey, they are getting the hang of it:D
Jakc x

I would try putting other things in the litter tray and see if that makes any difference. I often get this with my foster buns and often a change of contents or moving the litter tray resolves the problem. Once you have Starsky neutered a nice big litter tray may work better for him, unneutered buns often are not as good with litter training as neutered ones.

I would second that. Rabbits seem to have the habbit of deciding that a type of substrate is for them to wee on, so by having the same material in both his litter tray and on the floor he might not get that he has to go in the tray.

I don't put hay in my buns litter trays either. They just kick it out or stop using their litter trays. You could try attaching a hay rack above the litter tray.

I agree, woodshavings do look nice and clean. :lol:

i think youre confusing him, if te wood shavings are in the house and his tray... he doesnt know what the 'tray' is for...the learn what to pee on...so if the same stuff is everywhere..he wont understand

:wave:

i think youre confusing him, if te wood shavings are in the house and his tray... he doesnt know what the 'tray' is for...the learn what to pee on...so if the same stuff is everywhere..he wont understand

:wave:

This is just what I was going to say.:) I find even my really good buns get confused if they have woodshavings anywhere other than their trays.

Back