• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny having a strop....

coco1200

Warren Veteran
whenever i feed hermione (my 9 week old giant conti) she always eats all of her pellets straight away, and then tips over her food bowl in a protest to say she wants more!!
the problem is, she tips away her water as well!
ive noticed that she dosnt eat much hay either...

should i cut down on her pellets? she gets a small leaf of savoy cabbage every day and half a carrot every 3 days.

also, my giant X, Oscar is being neuterd on friday!!
when is it possible to put them together after his neutering? i really want both of them to be jumping around in my garden someday!!

What sort of bowls do you have? Try heavy ceramic/earthenware ones with a thick (un-bite-able) edge.

I was told to wait anywhere between 6 & 8 weeks for Lucifer & Nyx, I waited 8 :)

theyre the cheap plastic ones.

i think i will buy some heavy ones now!! :lol:

i was just worried that i wasnt feeding her correctly.

is her diet ok?

Do you give her extruded pellets or mix? Extruded are often seen as better as they prevent selective feeding; but if a rabbit is eating all of the mix then there's no need to panic.

It doesn't matter that she doesn't eat much hay; as long as she does eat some, perhaps try a different kind or brand; my monsters love Excel Herbage and barely give anything else a sniff!

Storm likes to chuck his bowls around. It doesn't make any difference how much was in them or if they are still full! It seems a habit rather than a protest. I've had to buy heavy bowls with no lip round the top so he can't grab hold of them. He still tries to drag them across the floor:lol:

I had a ceramic bowl.... saffy threw it across the room :shock: in a rage a few weeks ago, she's only little! She broke it!! So now they have mr and mrs big solid cat bowls, makes their food look a tiny amount :lol: but at least i dont think she can pick these ones up! x

Back