• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Angel causing problems!

Sugarbunny

Warren Scout
After posting a question about my rescue bunny Angel destoying the hutch yesterday she's been causing more grief today - this time for my other 2 girls Merry and Pippin! We let Angel out of her run whilst my husband was repairing it, and when she approached Merry and Pippin's hutch, Merry turned on Pippin and began chasing and growling at her!!!:cry: It was awful and I had to try and get Angel away. Then later, when Angel was back in her run and I let Merry and Pippin out, when Pippin approached Angel tried to snap at her through the run wire!

Will they get used to each other eventually, and how do I get Merry to stop attacking Pippin when she sees Angel too close?

Hope anyone can offer some advice - I wasn't intending to put them in the same run, but it would be nice if they could be friends!:)

I had the same reaction from my very laid back Bournville last year. I had an un neutered female foster bun and put her run too close to theirs and all hell broke loose with Bournville nipping and chasing Floss whenever she went close to the side of the run. You'll just have to keep them out of sight of each other as much as possible for the time being.

That sounds like refered aggression. I have that problem with Dougal and Nigel. Whenever Nigel goes near the run Dougal starts chasing Doris like mad because he actually wants to get at Nigel :roll:

Could you send them to be bonded on neutral territory such as at a rescue or bunny boarder?

Or maybe on a car ride? If you can get them friendly this should stop. (in theory) :)

Back