• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding

riaob1

Warren Scout
Right

I got Red (Sandy) yesterday and came home and tried to bond him with my Kip, they seemed fine, a bit of scuffling but Kip was seen washing Red like mad. but this morning when ever kip went near sandy he would be ok for a while then try to bite her, Kip started getting distressed.

I have seperated them again as thinking maybe not such a good idea bonding them last night, but is there any general advice, I will swop them around in to each others areas, red is in the bathroom and kip in teh utility room, then I will try again in a week or so, once Red has settled down and they are both used to each others smell and me lol!

If anyone has some advice, Kips last bonding went ok and not sure if im too worried or not lol!

Ty

xxx

hey chuck. The grooming sounds promising although the nipping is a bit worrying. If you have time tomorrow I would recomend a long car journey together, perhaps for an hour or so. This might make sandy/red go to her for comfort. Try popping them back in the utility room after that for half an hour to see how they are. Sit in with them & arm yourself with some oven gloves to separate if needed...but only separate if he starts to nip again.

If they are still having problems go back to the original plan of swapping litter trays and so on and trying again next weekend to allow Sandy to settle.

oh yes i forgot after the car ride try a little mashed bananna on her head, hopefully he will be so keen to lick it off he will forget to nip.

oh yes i forgot after the car ride try a little mashed bananna on her head, hopefully he will be so keen to lick it off he will forget to nip.

hahahahaha that made me giggle lol I will try the car journey, do i put them in the same carry case or is it better in a box???

and will try the banana, tho its brown so wont have to mash it much!!!

I'd get he engine running and then pop them both in the same carrier, belt them in then go. You can play around with two carriers and taking off the gates but if the space is too big they will probably hide at opposite ends.

Ty hun, will try that tomorrow will put them both in one and go up to the cheap petrol place up the A1 and back should do it lol

and the banana ............... :lol:

I shall let you know how it goes

Back