• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My buns have gone so untidy

karen354

Warren Veteran
The state of their shed lately is disgraceful :roll:There is poo everywhere apart from their 3 litter trays.
They used to be so tidy and would never poo in their bedroom area and shelves now they go to the toilet all over..
It seems to be since little Cookie moved in with them but he's been with them at least a month :? any idea's how I can get them going in their litters again ? It's so much work at the moment I'm changing their vet bed every other day now.

When we moved Charlie & Poppy's shed to make way for the garage being built they did exactly the same, they went from being completely litter trained to doing it wherever. They have now been in the same place for 12mths and still doing it all over.

Karen the same happened when I bonded Radley and Spuddy with my new bunnies Muffin and Crumpet :shock: They do eventually get clean again :D Took about 3 months and now all tidy :lol:

My girls are so untidy, but I've managed to just restrict the hay/straw to certain areas of the hutch so there is less cleaning to do.

Big litter trays help :)

P1010332.jpg

Have to agree with Elve :D My four have two of these in the shed bit and one big underbed storage box in the run bit of their home :D

boni017.jpg

:lol::lol::lol:my buns are the worst kind of buns,scruffy is not in it,i put fresh hay in ,in a hay rack type thing and they drag the lot out in 10 mins flat and as for poohs there everywhere:lol::lol::lol:

My Simba was always tidy.. but since he got 2 girlfriends the room is a right mess! He does go in his tray, most of the mess is from Nala.. ive seen her sit and wee on the floor and poo as she hops.. but im sure the other two must join in with pooping on the floor :roll: I concentrate the hay mainly in and over their litter trays to encourage them to poo/wee there. BUT.. i also have toilet rolls and boxes with hay in too to give them things to do elsewhere so that means they poo whilst eating/playing with those too. I cant get them back to being tidy :roll:

Back