• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lara- The Little Bunny With a Big Heart

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
As some of you have commented that you love Lara I thought I'd post a special thread about her.

Lara came from Animal Lifeline. I adopted her as a friend for another little Orange Rex called Huckle-Bunny Finn. Sadly Finn developed a Thymoma ( Cancer) at just 2 years of age and we lost him :cry: But Lara was such a comfort to him during his final days.
Here is Lara propping up Finn as he struggled to get enough oxygen :cry:

rabbits426.jpg

He was PTS a few hours later :cry:

Next Lara was bonded with a recently bereaved Becks. Becks lost his Brother David to congenital heart disease, he was only 18 months old :cry:

017.jpg

Tragically Becks also fell victim to congenital heart disease and we lost him. He was 2.5 years old :cry:

Next came Old Bill. He was found by the Police when they were searching a local property after a 'death at home'. Old Bill was handed over to ARC and I became his 'permanent Fostermum'

Old Bill adored Lara. He had probably never had any company from another Bunny before

MiscPics212.jpg

MiscPics100.jpg

Picture897.jpg

We lost Old Bill last year :cry: :cry:

I really, really wanted Lara not to have to go through any more bereavement. So I adopted a young Bun, Dermot, from Animal Lifeline. But tragedy has struck again and Dermot has developed a terminal illness ( Pyloric Stenosis)
Yet again little Lara is having to comfort and support her Bunny friend

Picture1754.jpg

Lara, a Bunny with a heart as golden as her coat :love:

Picture695.jpg

Janex :)

Lara is absolutely stunningly gorgeous.

What a wonderful partner she is to her bunny hubbies.

Nose rubs to her and Dermot, they look so good together.

Still sending lots of vibes for Dermot.

Vanessa xx

She is the most beautiful rabbit!! :love::love::love: Just so gorgeous and sound like she has the personality to match. x

that brought a tear to my eye.... poor lara having to go through all that loss... but what a wonderful bunny helping all her friends! and old bill looks utterly dedicated to her in those photos. what a sweetie.

she's also very beautiful!!!! :oops: :lol:

What a wonderful bunny Lara is :love::love:

Such a loving personality, and what a wonderful story she has so far..........xx

What a truly amazing rabbit Lara is.God bless her.
How long is Dermot expected to live?Can he not be cured?

What a truly amazing rabbit Lara is.God bless her.
How long is Dermot expected to live?Can he not be cured?

No, he cant be cured :cry: Basically the opening which should allow his stomach to empty into his small intestines is very thickened. This means that he gets repeated episodes of bloat/stasis. So far he has got through repeated 'episodes' with medical treatment. But eventually the drugs wont work :cry::cry:
In human (babies) Pyloric Stenosis is treated surgically. But any similar surgery in Buns is unlikely to be successful and is certainly not something I would subject one of my Buns to.
I will have to let Dermot go when he no longer responds to his meds :cry:
But I dont know when that will be

Janex

No, he cant be cured :cry: Basically the opening which should allow his stomach to empty into his small intestines is very thickened. This means that he gets repeated episodes of bloat/stasis. So far he has got through repeated 'episodes' with medical treatment. But eventually the drugs wont work :cry::cry:
In human (babies) Pyloric Stenosis is treated surgically. But any similar surgery in Buns is unlikely to be successful and is certainly not something I would subject one of my Buns to.
I will have to let Dermot go when he no longer responds to his meds :cry:
But I dont know when that will be

Janex
:cry::cry:Thats so sad.How old is he?

awwww what lovely piccies and thank you for telling us about Lara's story. She is a pretty bunny and such a rock to all of her husbuns. Bless her!

Oh that has brought a tear to my eye, what sadness that Lara has lost so many husbuns :cry:
I do hope Dermot and Lara have a few good more years together Jane. x

Back