• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

HELP rabbit eaten a belt!

Lea-Anne

Warren Veteran
I *think* Dennis has eaten a cotton belt of mine. He must of pulled it out of my wardrobe. The top was new and I couldn't even remember it having a belt but this morning I found about an inch of belt in his cage! ? :shock: It was chewed either end and no matter how much I searched I couldn't find the rest of it anywhere. He is an indoor bun and only has a tray full of megazorb and hay, the rest is vetbed so I know he only ate it last night in the night as I would've seen any reminents. My bf and I were up until 10pm last night playing with him so I can only assume he has done it between then and this morning. His cage is right next to the wardrobe so all I think is its been dangling out and hes pulled it through... :?

Hes done about 4 poos since 12 0'clock when I got back. They are black, huge and almond shaped and do not look normal?! :shock::shock::shock:

Advice please, I need calming down! :cry: Wheres Jane???? What do I do if he goes downhill>?????

Last edited:
Oh flippin' 'eck !!

I would get him to eat as much hay as possible, also try to encourage him to up his water intake. If you can find any Dandelion leaves give him a couple of those too.

Try and keep him active as the more he moves about the better his gut motility will be. If he produces no poo over the next 2-3 hours or if he stops eating or appears in pain I would call your Vet for advice.

Dennis you are a MENACE!! :rolleyes:

Janex

Aww im really sorry about this, is he still eating?if he doesnt poo soon and starts going downhill i would get him to the vet ASAP as he may have a blockage. If you are worried maybe a trip to the vet to be checked would be a good idea. Is he acting normal? xx

Oh flippin' 'eck !!

I would get him to eat as much hay as possible, also try to encourage him to up his water intake. If you can find any Dandelion leaves give him a couple of those too.

Try and keep him active as the more he moves about the better his gut motility will be. If he produces no poo over the next 2-3 hours or if he stops eating or appears in pain I would call your Vet for advice.

Dennis you are a MENACE!!

Janex

Ok I gave him a clean litter tray full of hay as soon as I noticed and hes eaten most of it ;) Hes done more poos, probably about another 6 or 8 but they are massive and black!? What does this mean? :shock:

He seems ok in himself and is very active when out of his cage so I'll let him have free range of my room for a few hours right now.

Yes a menace. I can't believe he could eat a whole belt... But its nowhere to be seen :?

how! god! may be seeing a vet might be a good thing... At least you can give him parafine oil...
keep on news, cec

Hes not stopped eating and running around my room for that last 2 hours, even had a binky! :shock:

Gave him some pineapple juice about an hour ago.

We have just had a cluster of 14 POOS arrive, all normal, regular looking ones. Nicely brown with hay in them. PHHHEWWWW . lol :lol:

Will monitor him like a hawk tonight

sometimes my buns do MASSIVE poos, sometimes the do little ones and sometimes medium ones, it depends on the time of day and what they've eaten.

im glad he seems ok - vibes to dennis!!

sometimes my buns do MASSIVE poos, sometimes the do little ones and sometimes medium ones, it depends on the time of day and what they've eaten.

im glad he seems ok - vibes to dennis!!

Thankyou for the vibes.

I've always find Dennis does the same sized ones all the time. Those black ones today looked like they had come out of my giant!!!! :shock::lol:

Thankyou for the vibes.

I've always find Dennis does the same sized ones all the time. Those black ones today looked like they had come out of my giant!!!! :shock::lol:

bet if you crack em open they hold belt.. norty little boy!! glad he seems ok tho :D

A whole belt! Goodness, our buns nibble bits and pieces, but never more than an inch of anything. Are you sure you checked everywhere for the rest of the belt? It's not buried under litter or anything?

Were there cotton fibres in the giant poops? What? You don't want to scrutinise bunny poop? Is that weird? :shock:

A whole belt! Goodness, our buns nibble bits and pieces, but never more than an inch of anything. Are you sure you checked everywhere for the rest of the belt? It's not buried under litter or anything?

Were there cotton fibres in the giant poops? What? You don't want to scrutinise bunny poop? Is that weird?

I seriously think he must of ate the lot. I have searched everywhere. It was only a tiny 1cm width belt but the peice I found in his cage was chewed at both ends making me think he had had the lot but yes even that would've been some chomping!:shock: :lol:He lives in an indoor cage and I searched it and there was no evidence of any more and yes I also looked in his poos:oops::oops::oops: but there was nothing :rolleyes:

Hes back to normal today :D:D:D

Only just read this and it did make me laugh. He is so naughty. I would have panicked and whipped mine straight to the vet. I'm glad he is OK.

Back