• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Megazorb

Graeme27Uk

Warren Scout
Does anyone use this as bedding to soak up wee?

Is it bunny safe?

Anyone know a good supplier if its good for bunnies?

I use it in the litter trays & in my opinion it soaks up wee very well!

I believe it is bunny safe, although I think one person had a problem with their bunny eating lots of it, mine however have never taken to eating it! It doens't swell up or clump when it's wet so shouldn't do this in the digestive system!

There are a couple of online places to buy it from (hay experts for one), but a fuller stockist list can be found on the megazorb website (http://www.northerncropdriers.co.uk/stockists.htm), or it might be worth giving your local horse supplier a call to see if they stock it!

It comes in a large bag costs about £5.50 and last a long while - certainly economic!

Hannah

I've never used anything else - doesn't smell as nice as wood based products, but is at the same time better for their liver (wood fumes cause cumulative damage) and it's really really absorbent - brilliant stuff, and they do nibble it a bit although if you put hay in the tray and give them a big tray they usually prefer the hay. I get mine online from ukpetsupplies, but if you have a car it's much much cheaper to go and get some sacks from somewhere.

I've checked the website and all the supplies seem to be "up north". Unless I am missing something.

I think you must be ;) they are all over the country - jersey, exeter, southampton, they are all down south! None within a 20-30 mile radius of me though so they are not everywhere :roll:

Not all stockists are listed though, I found somwhere in aylesbury that stocked it and they weren't on the list!

Hannah

I don't use anything else. It's safe, low dust, clean, absorbent (kiln dried), can be dug straight into the garden or composted, and very economical.

Graeme, where are you based?

Sorry, I was hoping that you were somewhere nearer to me as I have several places to go locally to buy Megazorb.

Have you tried your local horse feeds shop? As it's equine bedding, I am sure that loads of places stock it even if they don't advertise that they do.

Good luck - it's worth trying to track some down.

Helen

I use it to cover the floor of the hutch for my two rexes. It's great for their hocks as it's really soft and it's very absorbant. Great litter!!! Wouldn't use anything else. The Hay Experts stock Megazorb for £8 a bag, that lasts about three months.

Do you have a farm shop near you at all? My local farm shop stocks it, and Easibed.

I think it was me with the bunnies eating it, so I'll clarify. Basically, my bunnies are very prone to going into GI stasis. It's not the bedding causing it, but after an episode a long time ago a vet (not a knowledgeable one) told me that there was evidence of Megazorb in their poos. At that time I was using Megazorb in their litter trays, plus lots of hay on top.

I don't think they were purposely eating the Megazorb, but accidentally ingesting it with the hay. So, I made changes straight away, by putting a layer of straw in between the Megazorb and hay. But I eventually swapped to Easibed, which looks much less likely to swell up if eaten accidentally.

In summary, I don't think it's particularly dangerous if eaten, but I guess you never really know.

it worked fantastic with alvin... pearl on the other hand is a digger so all over my floor it goes.... they now only have an extra large litter tray in thier room and not two anymore.... i could have put her in a pot yesterday :evil:

she now has a lovely big box filled will shredded paper to dig out all over my floor - hopefully she dont use it as a loo :lol::lol::lol::lol:

I just bought a big sack last week but havent started using it yet... i'll let ya know. mine are house rabbits and 2 like to have a dig and also have long fur so lots ot test out :roll::lol:

Back