• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pointing in rabbit colouring - show me yours

spider

Warren Scout
Hi,

I was wondering whether there are many people here that have rabbits similar to my girl Lily? I think she is posssibly a 'Misty Point'. At least thats what I think she is after the net search. I'd really like to see other rabbits with 'pointing'.

Here she is:

DSCN3619.jpg

DSCN3612-1.jpg

Sorry for the hairy legs! They're not mine either!

Lily has quite faint markings at the moment, just a few darker guard hairs on her nose, tail, feet but with more on her ears. I read that they colouring can darken with age but she is nearly a year old now (I think, they didn't know how old she was exactly when I adopted her). I will try to get a clearer photo as I've just got a new camera so may be able to capture her colouring (or lack of it :lol: ) better!

Any photos of similar colouring would be lovely :love:

Our Crocus has faint colouring on his ears, it used to be paler but it has got more noticeable as he gets older.

I'll post a pic in a bit.

Deelove , a pic would be great.

Aw Luna is gorgeous :love: How old is Luna? I think Luna's colouring is the closest to Lily's I've seen. Lily is a bit of a mix we think but I think she's lovely.

Luna is 8 months old. There are a few other bunnies like her on this forum. Emilyarc has a bunny boy who looks very similar to her. Ida's Ruffen is also a frosty point. Oscarbunny's Opal, too.

Ive never heard of misty point, i had no idea...

here is my opal though who appears to have what you are speaking about

STA70010.jpg

STA72138.jpg

:love:

I think my newby Willow is Seal Point. She's creamy coloured with dark brown markings. I don't have any pics of her yet as not had her long!

Definitely looks like Flopsy and Opal are points of some description and Crocus too. They're so gorgeous. I'm not certain, I may have gotten confused between frosty and misty point? I have only found one or two sites that have photos of a few misty and frosty points. Can't seem to find them now.

Lily was almost completely white when I rehomed her so I have no idea she would start to colour up. It was certainly a lovely suprise.

I Honey is a sooty fawn, well thats what I was told mine was when I have one when I was a child. They might have a different name now though. He was my first rabbit, Bambi and so I have a real soft spot for sooty fawns :love:

Amber26, your buns are gorgeous. What is that pointing known as?

Thanks for all the lovely photos. Keep them coming!

Clare and Lily bun xx

To be honest, I don't know what Olliver and Tofu would be called, but their noses are very dirty!

dscn3276wa7.jpg

Awwwwww, what gorgeous points you all have :lol::lol::lol::lol:

On a serious side, it makes me miss my first ever bunny, a gorgeous seal point! :cry:

Back